2019 TSC PROMOTIONS: A LIST OF ALL SHORTLISTED TEACHERS AND DEPUTIES WHO APPLIED FOR TSC PROMOTIONS PER COUNTY AND REGION- NAMES, TSC NUMBER, INTERVIEW DATES AND COUNTY
A LIST OF SHORTLISTED TSC CANDIDATES WHO APPLIED FOR 2019 TSC PROMOTIONS-HOMABAY COUNTY, NYANZA REGION
This article gives an overview of TSC shortlisted candidates for the upcoming 2019 TSC Promotions for teachers and deputies seeking administrative posts in Kenyan public schools.
The Teachers Service Commission, TSC has just released a list of candidates who qualified for the upcoming TSC interviews for administrative positions 2019.
Teachers in Homabay County are expected to attend the interviews on December 2 to 3 2019.
FOR A FULL LIST OF TEACHERS AND DEPUTIES WHO APPLIED FOR THE 2019 TSC PROMOTIONS- NOV/DEC ACCESS THE FOLLOWING EXTERNAL LINKS:
HERE IS THE LIST OF SHORTLISTED TSC CANDIDATES WHO APPLIED FOR HEADSHIP IN HOMABAY COUNTY, NYANZA REGION
INTERVIEW DATE: 2ND DECEMBER, 2019
Below is a list of teachers who are expected to turn up for the TSC headship interviews in Homabay County-Name, TSC number and current work station
|NAME OF CANDIDATE
|CURRENT WORK STATION
|OCHIENG MICHAEL ODHIAMBO
|LWANDA PRIMARY SCHOOL
|OTIENO VICTOR RANDIGA
|ADHIRO PRIMARY SCHOOL
|OKUMU STEPHEN OGOT
|GOD BER PRIMARY SCHOOL
|BOYI KENNEDY OCHIENG’
|KIDEWA PRIMARY SCHOOL
|MONDO GEORGE OTIENO
|MANGA PRIMARY SCHOOL
|OBEWA JOSHUA ODHIAMBO
|AKELE PRIMARY SCHOOL
|ELIZABETH AKINYI MBARE
|OGANGO PRIMARY SCHOOL
|OBONDO ONYANGO WALTER
|GOYO PRIMARY SCHOOL
TSC SHORTLISTS CANDIDATES FOR THE UPCOMING INTERVIEWS FOR TEACHERS AND DEPUTIES WHO APPLIED FOR ADMINISTRATIVE POSTS
HERE IS A DETAILED GUIDE ON TSC PROMOTIONS AND INTERVIEW DATES FOR TEACHERS AND DEPUTIES SEEKING ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
The Teachers Service Commission, TSC has just released lists of successful shortlisted candidates for the various administrative posts advertised in August 2019.
The number of available administrative or promotion vacancies stands at 6, 043.
2310 posts are reserved for heads (T-Scale 10 Grade C5) whereas the rest, 3, 733 posts are for Deputy headteachers II (T-Scale 9 Grade C4).
TSC SPONSORED LINKS
For more details on TSC upcoming interviews, follow the following links:
APPLICATION FOR TSC PROMOTIONS 2019
Those seeking the aforementioned posts were required to submit their applications online.
Those who tendered their interests have already received invitations for interviews with a detailed guide on the dates and venues.
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS FOR THE TSC PROMOTION INTERVIEW
HERE IS A LIST OF ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS YOU SHOULD CARRY AS YOU ARE PREPARING FOR THIS INTERVIEW:
1. Certificate of good conduct.
2. EACC Clearance certificate
3. KRA tax compliance certificate
4. Academic and professional documents
5. Hard copies of 2017, 2018 and 2019 TPADs.
6. HELB clearance certificate.
7. Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau
8. Any other supportive relevant documents.
NEW TSC SCORE SHEET FOR TEACHERS SEEKING PROMOTIONS
HERE ARE CRUCIAL DETAILS ON THE NEW TSC SCORING AREAS FOR TEACHERS SEEKING PROMOTIONS
The Teachers Service Commission, TSC is an independent commission tasked with the responsibility of performing teacher management functions such as registration, deployment, recruitment, remuneration, discipline and promotion of teachers.
The commission has got agents- heads of institutions and other administrators who play a crucial role in teacher management.
To promote quality teacher management, the Commission identifies and trains the right people for the job in a bid to reduce unrests and discontentment among staff.
NEW QUALIFICATIONS FOR TSC POST PRIMARY HEADSHIP POSITIONS
For one to qualify for promotion to head a post-primary institution s/ he must:
. Be a professionally trained University Graduate teacher/ technical teacher/lecturer who is currently employed by the Teachers Service Commission.
. Have at least 7 years continuous post qualification experience, two of which must have been at the level of Deputy Head or Head of Department.
. Demonstrate competence and ability both as a classroom teacher and an administrator.
. Be at a minimum TSC Grade of Job Group M as per the TSC Scheme of Service for Graduate teachers, technical teachers and lecturers.
. Have attended at least two in-service training courses on institutional management offered or recognized by Kenya Education Staff Institute, KESI.
. Have a clean personal record.
. Have tendered/ expressed interest in institution administration by applying for advertised headship positions.
. Prove through evaluation that s/he does possess the required qualities of head of an institution, for example, a pass in a selection interview and performance report.
THE CANDIDATE MUST SCORE AT LEAST 50% TO BE DEPLOYED.
HERE IS THE TSC SCORE SHEET FOR TEACHERS SEEKING PROMOTIONS TO HEAD POST PRIMARY INSTITUTIONS
TO ACCESS THE NEW TSC SCORE SHEET FOR PROMOTIONS, CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
QUALITIES/CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD HEAD OF AN INSTITUTION
A good head of institution:
1. Must be a good classroom teacher for proper supervision, curriculum organization and implementation.
2. Should be easily accessible to the teaching staff, non-teaching staff, students, parents and the community at large.
3. Must be aware of the instruments used in education management such as the Education Act, TSC Code of Regulations, Heads Manual, Education Policies on examination rules and Accounting instructions for secondary schools.
4. Should be resourceful and prudent when it comes to financial management.
5. Must be a team player and have good public relations.
6. Should demonstrate integrity hence serve as a good role model to teachers, parents, students and the community at large.
7. Should show interest in connecting with students and teachers, knowing them by name and their backgrounds.
8. Should be committed to duty.
9. Must be proactive and a good facilitator.
DUTIES AND ROLES OF SCHOOL HEADS-PRINCIPALS
A school head plays the following roles:
1. Curriculum management, organization and implementation.
2. Supervising teaching and learning activities within the institution as specified in the school time table.
3. Management and control of the school’s resources.
4. Management and motivation of human resource within the institution.
5. Management and maintenance of institution facilities, materials, and equipment.
6. Serving as the Secretary to the school’s Board Of Management, BOM.