NEWEST TSC SCORE SHEET FOR TEACHERS SEEKING TSC PROMOTIONS- SCORING AREAS, MAXIMUM SCORE PER SCORING AREA AND TOTAL SCORE
The Teachers Service Commission, TSC has just released the list of successful applicants who have been invited for the 2019 TSC Promotions of teachers and deputy heads into higher administrative positions.
The lists of shortlisted applicants can be accessed by clicking on the following links:
The invites shortlisted candidates will be taken through rigorous interviews to determine their suitability.
HERE ARE THE MOST RECENT UPDATES ON THE MOST RECENT TSC SCORE SHEET FOR TSC TEACHERS SEEKING TSC PROMOTIONS:
NEW QUALIFICATIONS FOR TSC POST PRIMARY HEADSHIP POSITIONS
For one to qualify for promotion to head a post-primary institution s/ he must:
. Be a professionally trained University Graduate teacher/ technical teacher/lecturer who is currently employed by the Teachers Service Commission.
. Have at least 7 years continuous post qualification experience, two of which must have been at the level of Deputy Head or Head of Department.
. Demonstrate competence and ability both as a classroom teacher and an administrator.
. Be at a minimum TSC Grade of Job Group M as per the TSC Scheme of Service for Graduate teachers, technical teachers and lecturers.
. Have attended at least two in-service training courses on institutional management offered or recognized by Kenya Education Staff Institute, KESI.
. Have a clean personal record.
. Have tendered/ expressed interest in institution administration by applying for advertised headship positions.
. Prove through evaluation that s/he does possess the required qualities of a head of an institution, for example, a pass in a selection interview and performance report.
THE CANDIDATE MUST SCORE AT LEAST 50% TO BE DEPLOYED.
HERE IS THE TSC SCORE SHEET FOR TEACHERS SEEKING PROMOTIONS TO HEAD POST PRIMARY INSTITUTIONS
QUALITIES/CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD HEAD OF AN INSTITUTION
A good head of institution:
1. Must be a good classroom teacher for proper supervision, curriculum organization and implementation.
2. Should be easily accessible to the teaching staff, non-teaching staff, students, parents and the community at large.
3. Must be aware of the instruments used in education management such as the Education Act, TSC Code of Regulations, Heads Manual, Education Policies on examination rules and Accounting instructions for secondary schools.
4. Should be resourceful and prudent when it comes to financial management.
5. Must be a team player and have good public relations.
6. Should demonstrate integrity hence serve as a good role model to teachers, parents, students and the community at large.
7. Should show interest in connecting with students and teachers, knowing them by name and their backgrounds.
8. Should be committed to duty.
9. Must be proactive and a good facilitator.
DUTIES AND ROLES OF SCHOOL HEADS-PRINCIPALS
A school head plays the following roles:
1. Curriculum management, organization and implementation.
2. Supervising teaching and learning activities within the institution as specified in the school time table.
3. Management and control of the school’s resources.
4. Management and motivation of human resource within the institution.
5. Management and maintenance of institution facilities, materials, and equipment.
6. Serving as the Secretary to the school’s Board Of Management, BOM.