NEW TSC TPAD: A SIMPLIFIED GUIDE ON HOW TO CREATE AND USE THE NEW TSC TPAD LOG IN PORTAL FOR ALL TSC-EMPLOYED TEACHERS
HOW TO CREATE AND USE THE NEW TSC TEACHER PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AND DEVELOPMENT (TPAD 2)
Have you created your new TPAD 2 tool? In case you haven’t, worry no more since we have it all lined up for you.
The Teachers Service Commission has come up with a new simplified TPAD 2 tool which will make it easier for TSC employed teachers to upload their data into the TSC online system.
EXTERNAL LINKS WITH RELATED CONTENT
One of the most outstanding changes in the new TSC TPAD2 tool is the clear demarcation of the roles of teachers, deputies and heads.
This, therefore, means that there are three different portals for teachers, deputies and heads.
ROLES OF TEACHERS IN THE NEW TSC TPAD TOOL
Each TSC employed teacher in Kenya will be expected to do a self-appraisal and upload their data online.
ROLES OF DEPUTY HEADS IN THE NEW TSC TPAD 2 TOOL
- Updating teachers’ weekly attendance registers
- Observing and appraising all Heads of Departments and classroom teachers through planned appraisal meetings.
ROLES OF HEADS IN THE NEW TSC TPAD 2 TOOL
- Registering all teachers on the Teachers Management Information System, TMIS.
- Activating teachers on TPAD.
- Training teachers on the new TPAD tool
- Appraising the deputy or deputies in the school.
- Arbitrating and countersigning all appraisal forms within the institution.
- Removing teachers who have exited service or been transferred to other institutions.
- Overseeing the entire appraisal process at the school level.
HOW TO CREATE THE NEW TSC TPAD ACCOUNT- TPAD 2
Below are simplified steps on how to create the new TSC TPAD account
- Log into the TSC online system then click on the new TPAD creation portal https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/auth/create-account.
- Complete the following fields by providing accurate information
- Click on “Create account.”
- If the operation was successful, then you will be notified through a success SMS on your phone a few moments later.
- Verify your Token by entering the code received via SMS after clicking on the “Verify Token” tab to complete the account creation process.
NEW TSC TPAD
TEACHER- FRIENDLY TPAD TOOL!
RELIEF FOR TEACHERS AS TSC UNVEILS A NEW TEACHER- FRIENDLY TPAD
Teachers in Kenya now have got reason to smile following the release of a new simplified TPAD tool by the Teachers Service Commission.
EXTERNAL LINKS WITH RELATED CONTENT
The former TPAD tool has been done away with due to its bulky nature. Moreover, it gave the teachers difficulty in terms of accessibility. The new tool is however less bulky and less detailed. Check out the details below.
The teachers’ service commission (TSC) new TPAD appraisal system is aimed at capturing teachers’ manual data. Here is the link: tpad2tsc.go.ke
The tool has got a reduced number of teaching standards from the previous 7 to 5 on its online portal. The commission, therefore, expects all teachers to upload their termly appraisals via the link provided above.
This move follows extensive consultations with various stakeholders which include teachers, school heads, Sub- County and County directors, curriculum support officers KTCPA and KESSHA on effective TPAD implementation.
The Teachers Service Commission has been monitoring TPAD and PC implementation since January 2016. The monitoring process is usually facilitated by county education offices. All Kenyan learning institutions are assessed and monitored continuously on a termly basis. This monitoring and evaluation is part of the performance contract signed by all county directors.
TEACHER-FRIENDLY TPAD TOOLS
For easier implementation, the Teachers Service Commission has customized its TPAD for teachers serving the following levels: primary, secondary, special needs schools and post-secondary institutions.
Although the teaching standards cut across all the levels, performance indicators and evidence greatly differ from one institution to another.
REVISED TEACHING STANDARDS
The TPAD teaching standards have been revised as follows:
Part A: INSTRUCTIONAL DELIVERY now consists of:
a. PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE
b. COMPREHENSIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
c. TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Part B: TEACHER CONDUCT AND PROFESSIONALISM has one part:
d. TEACHER CONDUCT AND PROFESSIONALISM
Part c: COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE which also has one part:
e. PARTICIPATION IN PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
THE TPAD PROCESS
It consists of 8 steps
1. Developing an appraiser calendar
2. Setting of termly targets
3. Implementing the targets set and evidence gathering
4. Self- appraisal based on various competencies and teaching standards
5. Appraiser rating based on the evidence given
6. Appraiser-Appraisee meeting which involves questions and evidence
7. Identifying teaching gaps
8. Implementing teacher support and development
REVISED T-PAD ONLINE SYSTEM
There are modifications in the new TPAD online system. The system has got one pack for three tools: TPAD, PC and TPD. Contrary to the old system, the new one is more superior and teacher-friendly.
It consists of the following:
2. Adequate features of security
3. TPAD portal
5. Inbuilt self –monitoring
6. Real-time feedback
7. Performance Contracts for heads
8. Institutional-based needs
9. Instructional supervision planning
10. Audit trails on who did what
11. Accessibility-it can be accessed while online and offline
N/B: Ensure that your sub-county director activates your name before you try logging into the system.