Knec KCSE News Portal 2021: Council releases lists of KCSE 2021 examiners and essential documents for KCSE 2021 Examiners’ special passes; Before travelling to the designated Knec picking points for this year’s marking exercise, kindly ensure that you have the following
Following the cessation of movement recently announced by His Excellence President Uhuru Kenyatta during his national address on the state of the Covid-19 pandemic, travelling to the selected Knec KCSE Examiners collection points and later to the designated marking centres located in Nairobi and it’s environs this year will not be business as usual.
Since the government has erected road blocks to block unnecessary inter-county movement, only Kenyans offering essential services such as teachers contracted to mark this year’s Kenya Certificate of Primary Education and the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education will be issued with special passes to enable them traverse the closed counties.
It is however very important to note that not all teachers will be issued with special passes.
Knec has already dispatched a list of examiners and chief examiners for the 2021 KCSE marking exercise.
Knec list of KCSE Examiners 2021
The list of contracted Knec KCSE examiners is available online.
To check if your name is among the approved Knec KCSE examiners this year, click on this link
Reporting dates for the 2021 KCSE examiners
Chief examiners and other senior Knec officials will start streaming in at various county offices and marking centres on April 4.
They usually report earlier to coordinate the marking schemes for the subjects.
Here is the list of Responsibilities for this year’s KCSE senior examiners
Obligations/Responsibilities Of KCSE 2021 Examiners
- Senior examiners are requested to carry out thorough and continuous co ordination as well as accurate completion of the various documents related to Marking and Awards.
- Chief Examiners and Examiners-in-Charge will be informed the dates for co ordination meetings under a separate cover.
- All senior examiners will be availed the various documents related to their work through the KNEC Officers at the marking centres.
- The KNEC Senior Officer will issue stationery to the Chief Examiners and Examiners in Charge who will be responsible for the distribution of stationery to examiners and ensure that all non-consumable stationery items issued to examiners are returned and handed over to Centre Organizers before the examiners leave the marking centres.
- The Chief Examiners and Examiners in Charge will organize checking of marked answer scripts and the transfer of marks on to mark sheets by the Examiners. The Chief Examiner/ Examiner in Charge should be satisfied that all marks printouts and other documents have been properly completed and handed in before examiners leave the marking centre. It is the responsibility of each examiner to obtain such clearance before leaving the marking centre.
- The Team leaders will keep records of the number of scripts coordinated and marked. This record will be updated as the marking progresses. He/she must ensure that examiners sign the final document as it will form the basis for payments.
- At the closing of marking, the Chief Examiner must ensure that all examiners sign the final record of number of answer scripts marked document. No payment will be honoured unless all the examiners have signed.
- Chief Examiners/Examiners in charge will obtain from the paying officers and return duplicate copies of all the vouchers of payment of coordination fee, advance, travel and any other payments made to examiners during the marking session. These copies will then be submitted to the Senior KNEC Officer in charge of the centre who will in turn submit them to the Council office at industrial Area, Likoni Road at the end of the marking exercise.
Knec list of essential documents for all KCSE Knec Examiners 2021
All Knec KCSE Examiners will have to carry the following essential documents as they travel to the designated Knec collection points:
1. National Identity card for identification purposes
2. Knec marking Invitation letter
This will indicate the particular type of essential service you will be offering during the two weeks period or so.
3. Knec SMS inviting the examiner for the 2021 marking exercise. Ensure that your phone is on.
2021 Knec KCSE examiners travelling schedule per county
To get the full details about this year’s Knec Examiners traveling schedule- collection points and time per county, click on the following link