The Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC is set to release this year’s KCPE and KCSE national examination results.
Many Kenyans will be anxiously waiting for the defining moment.
Unfortunately, in some cases, there have been irregularities and some of us do not comprehend the meaning of the symbols given.
We, therefore, spend most of our time worrying about what to do next.
BELOW ARE IMPORTANT BUT OVERLOOKED FACTS ABOUT KNEC RESULTS
- X denotes an absent candidate in the KCSE eXAM. A candidate scores X or is declared absent if s/he fails to sit for one or all the papers given for the exam.
- AB symbol, on the other hand, indicates absence in the KCPE exam.
- Y indicates that the candidate was involved in a KCSE exam malpractice or irregularity.
- OO indicates an irregularity in the KCPE exam.
- P indicates that the results have been pended due to inconsistencies such as incorrect KCPE details for entry in the KCSE exam.
- W shows that the candidate’s results have been withheld on grounds of suspicion that the candidate may have been involved in an examination irregularity. It shows that an investigation is still being conducted to ascertain the suspicions.
- U shows ungraded examination results due to infringement of the awards criteria.
MEAN GRADE INTERPRETATIONS
- A mean grade of X shows the candidate was absent in all the subjects.
- A mean grade of Y shows that one or more subjects have been cancelled.
- A mean grade of U shows the entry requirements for the KCSE exam have not been met.
- CRNM mean grade shows that the course requirements for the Teacher Education, technical and business examinations have not been met.
- A mean grade of P shows the results have been pended.
- A mean grade of W shows the results have been withheld.