HOW WELL VERSED ARE YOU ABOUT TSC INTERNSHIPS 2020? BELOW ARE STARTLING FACTS ABOUT TSC INTERNSHIPS 2020 THAT YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE OF
In 2019, the Teachers Service Commission employed slightly over 10, 300 teachers on an internship basis to plug the glaring gap in the education sector especially with the rollout of the 100 per cent transition policy.
Many teachers applied for the posts but the majority of them were oblivious of the following startling facts about TSC internships.
External links with related content
This article takes you through the startling facts about TSC internships 2020.
TSC INTERNSHIPS 2020 QUICK FACTS
- TSC secondary school intern teachers are paid Kshs 15, 000 per month whereas their primary school counter-parts pocket Kshs 10, 000 per month.
- All graduate teachers whether a diploma or degree holders are eligible to apply for TSC 2020 internships.
- The Teachers Service Commission is planning to confirm TSC 2019 secondary school teacher interns on a permanent basis. For more information, click on the following link https://newspro.co.ke/tsc-internships-latest-news-tsc-to-confirm-teachers-working-on-internship-terms-what-led-to-this-major-decision/
- Payment of salaries for TSC intern teachers is prompt just like that of teachers employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
- In 2020, the Parliamentary Education Committee took the TSC Chief Executive Officer Dr Nancy Macharia to the task. They wanted her to explain the rationale behind the Commission’s decision to continue employing teachers on contract/ internship terms despite being taken to court over the low salaries paid to intern teachers.
- TSC was sued by a group of lawyers over intern teachers’ low salaries in December 2019. For more details, click on the link below: https://newspro.co.ke/tsc-in-trouble-over-2019-internship-low-salaries-and-unfavourable-contract-terms/
- An internship is a long-term contract which lasts up to one year. Therefore, TSC teachers employed on internship terms are expected to serve in the given station for a year.
- Internship is optional, therefore, it is not a must for you to serve as an intern before getting posted on permanent and pensionable basis by the Teachers Service Commission in Kenya.
- Any teacher applying for internship positions available at the TSC MUST possess the following essential documents: TSC INTERNSHIP 2020 ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS. A valid certificate of Good Conduct.
. A National Identity Card or Passport
. A copy of KRA Pin Certificate
. TSC Registration Certificate
. Two coloured passports
. Personal accident insurance cover.
- Teachers applying for TSC internships 2020 must also meet the following requirements:
- Those who wish to apply must meet the following requirements:. Must be a Kenyan Citizen
. Must possess original academic and professional certificates
. Should be currently unemployed
. Should not be previously employed by the TSC on permanent terms
. Must be TSC registered
. Should be a holder of a P1 Certificate for those wishing to serve in public primary schools and a minimum of a Diploma for secondary schools
. Be ready to serve in any public school within Kenya where services are required