TSC Promotions for Chief Principal-TTCs in 2023;Vacancies, Advertisement, Application, Deadline, Qualifications, Scoresheet, T-Scale, and Grade
LIST: TSC PROMOTION VACANCIES FOR CHIEF PRINCIPAL (TEACHER TRAINING COLLEGES) IN 2023
1. Advert No=27/2022
2. Advert Name=Chief Principal (Teacher Training Colleges)
4. Grade= D5
5. Vacancies= 4
6. Basic Salary per month= Kshs131,380-157,656
TSC Advertizes Promotions for Chief Principals (D5) in TTCs in 2023; TSC Promotions per Grade and T-Scale 2023
Persuant to its constituional mandate established under article 237 of the Kenyan constituion 2010, the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has 4 promotion vacancies for chief principal(Teacher Training Colleges) to be filled in January 2023.
“The Teachers Service Commission is a Constitutional Commission established under article 237 of the Constitution.
One of its mandate is to appoint and deploy institutional administrators. Pursuant to this mandate, the Commission invites applications from suitably qualified teachers for the posts shown below in line with the Teachers Career Progression Guidelines.” Read the 2023 TSC promotions advert in part.”
TSC Promotions 2023 Application deadline
Interested candidates, who meet the required qualifi cations, should submit their applications online through the TSC portal – www.teachersonline.go.ke so as to be received on or before 23rd January, 2023.
Note: Manual applications shall not be considered.
NEW SALARY SCALE FOR CHIEF PRINCIPALS CONTAINED IN THE 2021-2025 CBA
Kshs 131,380-157,656 per month.
|Grade||TSC Scale||Minimum||Maximum||No. of notches|
HERE ARE THE MINIMUM TSC QUALIFICATIONS FOR CHIEF PRINCIPAL T-SCALE 15
Chief Principal grade D5 is a promotional grade for administrators in secondary schools and teacher training colleges.
The Chief Principal is the lead educator and accounting officer and is responsible for the operational management of the institution. He/she is also responsible for the development and implementation of education plans, policies, programmes and curriculum activities of the institution.
Promotion to this grade will be competitive and subject to availability of vacancies in the establishment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT AS CHIEF PRINCIPAL T-SCALE 15 GRADE D5
To qualify for appointment to this grade, a teacher must:-
- have served as Senior Principal T-Scale 14 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- be a holder of Master’s Degree in a relevant area;
- have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal and performance contracting process;
- have demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support to other teachers;
- have successfully undertaken the relevant TPD modules;
- have a valid Teaching Certificate;
- meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution; and viii. meet any other requirements deemed necessary by the Commission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES CHIEF PRINCIPAL T-SCALE 15
The duties of a teacher at this level shall be to:-
- prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables, schemes of work and maintain academic standards in the school to ensure that the syllabus is covered in time for evaluation;
- teach the subjects of specialization to impart knowledge, skills and attitudes to learners;
- evaluate learners on subjects of specialisation and prepare them for national and other examinations;
- coordinate and provide guidance and counselling services to the teachers, non teaching staff and learners and instil norms and values for harmonious co existence;
- ensure proper discipline is maintained in the school by the teachers, non teaching staff and learners to create a conducive learning environment;
- supervise the interpretation and implementation of the curriculum and ensure teachers prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and other professional documents;
- ensure that the necessary instructional materials are sourced, availed and utilised by teachers and learners to support the curriculum implementation;
- oversee the requisition of stores and the proper maintenance of inventories to achieve accountability and optimal utilisation;
- promote harmonious relations and linkages between the school and stakeholders for instance the local community, parents and private sector organisations;
- introduce new ideas and programmes to ensure improvement in teaching and learning in the subjects of specialisation;
- embrace teamwork through collaborative planning and teaching to ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery;
- serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline;
- interpret the curriculum in the school to ensure effective teaching and learning;
- oversee the organization of workshops/seminars/symposiums to share ideas to enhance performance;
- oversee implementation of remedial actions to support learners with performance gaps;
- ensure health, safety and security of learners;
- oversee prudent management of institutional resources;
- ensure that learners are adequately prepared, registered and presented for the national and other examinations;
- coordinate identification of an appropriate curriculum for the school to provide more opportunities for learners in the optional subjects offered in the curriculum;
- interpret and implement policy decisions on training, recruitment and deployment of non-teaching staff in compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- promote the welfare of all staff and learners within the school for motivation, personal and professional growth;
- manage issues of succession in the school;
- serve as the accounting officer of the institution and ensure prudent utilisation of financial resources in the school;
- maintain the school’s physical facilities and upgrade the same on a regular basis;
- oversee procurement of goods and services, maintain all inventories and ensure availability of the necessary facilities and items;
- organize staff, Board of Management and parents meetings; xxvii. facilitate access and retention of learners in the school;
- serve as Secretary and advisor to the Board of Management; xxix. participate in coordination of institutional and national examinations; xxx. induct and mentor staff to promote professionalism and integrity in the institution; and
- any other duty as may be assigned.