Top/ Best Universities in Kenya 2020: Mount Kenya University, Maseno and Kisii University Emerge the Best for Students Wishing to Pursue Medicine
Top 10/ Best Universities in Kenya: School of Medicine
A new report has revealed shocking details about the compliance with the teaching standards and guidelines governing medical and dental training by Kenyan universities.
According to the March 7, 2020 inspection report of Medical and Dental Schools and Teaching Hospitals in Kenya, only two public universities and one private university are eligible to continue enrolling students in medical-related fields.
External links with related content
These are Maseno University, Kisii University and Mount Kenya University schools of medicine. The three universities scored 80 per cent and above.
Uzima University School of Medicine has ranked the last should be consequently shut and continuing students be enrolled in other medical schools.
Kenya Methodist University and Kenyatta University should on the other hand suspend further admission of students until the minimum requirements listed in the report are met.
The inspection was conducted between March 2 and March 6, 2020, by an education committee chaired by Dr Nyemazi Alex, Rwanda Medical and Dental Council.
Best Schools of Medicine in Kenyan Universities 2020
- Mount Kenya University (School of Medicine)
Mount Kenya University, MKU school of Medicine emerged the best scoring a total of 82 per cent in the list of compliance.
- Maseno University (School of Medicine)
In the second position came Maseno University School of Medicine which scored 81 per cent.
- Kisii University (School of Medicine)
Maseno University was closely followed by Kisii University with 80 per cent.
- UON (School of Medicine)
UON School of medicine scored 58 per cent tying with Kenya Methodist University School of Medicine.
- JKUAT (School of Medicine)
According to the report, UON School of Dental Science, JKUAT Medical School and Moi University School of Medicine have partially complied with the set standards.
This means that upon graduation, students from MKU, Maseno and Kisii Universities shall be eligible for reciprocal recognition within East African Community Partner states as stipulated in the Mutual Recognition Agreement.
Below is a full list of top 10 Universities 2020, School of Medicine
- MKU School of Medicine – 82%
- Maseno University School of Medicine- 81%
- Kisii University School of Medicine- 80%
- UON School of Dental Science
- JKUAT Medical School
- Moi University School of Medicine
- UON School of Medicine- 58 %
- KeMU School of Medicine- 58 %
- Egerton University Faculty of Health Sciences- 54%
- Kenyatta University School of Medicine- 54%
- Moi University School of Dentistry- 54%
- Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology School of Medicine- 53%
- Uzima University School of Medicine- 49%