Teachers’ Jobs at the Kenya National Examination Council, KNEC: How to Apply, Minimum Qualifications
The Kenya National Examinations’ Council usually invites competent, intrinsically motivated, and qualified teachers to take up various jobs at the council whenever opportunities arise.
This article shall highlight Teachers’ jobs available at the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC to help tutors make informed decisions when such opportunities arise.
Below is a full list of available jobs at KNEC in 2020 for teachers: Post, qualifications/ requirements, job designation and application procedure
- Subjects Officer II (Home Science) EC Scale 10
Designation: the officer will be charged with the responsibility of reporting to the Head of Section
Requirements for appointment
The interested applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education in Home Science from a certified institution or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education or Higher Diploma in a relevant discipline plus a post-graduate diploma in education
- Have at least six (6) years teaching experience in Home Science within a secondary school set up
- Provide evidence of experience in theory and application of examinations, administration, psychometrics, curriculum design, and educational assessment, setting, research, marking and moderation of examinations
- Be proficient when it comes to computer applications
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six of the Kenyan constitution
- Demonstrate competence and merit in work experience
- Examinations Administrator III Scale 9
Designation: officers at this level are expected to report to the head of a section, initiate actions, and implement measures that improve accuracy, accountability, teamwork, and sequencing work activities.
Besides, the officers will implement instructions aimed at improving workflow and attaining the set deadlines.
Requirements for Appointment
The applicant must
- Have scored at least a C+ Plus in his or her KCSE exams or have its relevant equivalent
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from a certified institution or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline plus a post-graduate diploma in education
- Have cumulative relevant teaching experience of at least six (6) years.
- Have a Certificate in Computer Applications
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
HOW TO APPLY FOR KNEC JOBS
Interested and qualified candidates should download and fill the Application of Employment form KNEC 2A (REVISED 2018).
A formal application letter should also be attached.
The candidates should also attach copies of certified certificates of academic and professional certificates; updated curriculum vitae indicating current telephone number, e-mail address, remuneration (enclose your latest payslip), full name, and three references.
All applications should be addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P.O. Box 73598-00200
Applications received after the deadline shall be trashed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Canvassing will attract hefty penalties including automatic disqualification since KNEC is an equal opportunity employer
Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply