NHIF self-care link: Access the NHIF Self-care Link Provided in this article and choose or change your hospital/ facility name
How to use the nhifselfcare link to choose or change your preferred NHIF Accredited facility/ Hospital from the comfort of your home, a step-by-step guide.
Did you know that almost NHIF services offered at NHIF offices are available on the official NHIF website?
In this article, we shall provide the official NHIF self-care link, nhifselfcare, and a step by step guide on how to effectively use it to access essential NHIF services such as choosing or changing your preferred NHIF hospital/facility.
NHIF self-care guideline
- Click on the following nhifselfcare link http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/nhifselfcare
- The link will redirect you to the official NHIF website.
3. Enter your ID number then click on the tab labeled “Continue” to proceed.
4. A notification will pop up on your screen showing that an OTP (One-Time Pin which expires within 24 hours) will be sent to your mobile number-the one you provided when registering for NHIF services.
5. The next step is to enter the OTP sent to your mobile number to verify that you are the legitimate member.
6. If you enter the correct OTP within 24hours, a page showing the NHIF self-care dashboard will load as similar to the one shown below:
7. Select the NHIF self-care Service you would like to access for example choosing or changing outpatient facilities by clicking on the “Facilities” tab above.
8. Follow the subsequent steps provided to perform the action.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Did you find this useful? Thank you for reading through our articles. For this and more updates on news that concern you, kindly subscribe to our News channel by clicking on the white bell once it pops up for free. You can also leave your comments on our website to help us improve our content delivery.
Our job is to serve you. Thanks.
How to register for NHIF Services
NHIF Registration fee and requirements
To register for NHIF, one needs the following:
A mandatory registration fee of Kshs 1, 5000
A valid National identification card or passport
You must physically present yourself at any NHIF branch office for the officials to take your passport.
In case you have dependents:
A spouse: you have to present a copy of a valid marriage certificate or marriage agreement signed by both of you.
This can be obtained from the Commissioner of Oaths office at a negotiable fee (At least Kshs 1, 500). A copy of your spouse’s national identity card or
Children (Below the age of 18): Birth certificate copy or copies depending on the number of children.
To register for NHIF services, you just need to fill a registration form available at any NHIF offices across Kenya.
NHIF In-Patient services
Kindly note that NHIF members and their registered dependents can access inpatient medical services at any NHIF accredited facility.
How to select or choose your NHIF Outpatient facility
Kindly note that not all hospitals in Kenya do accept NHIF cards. There is a list of selected hospitals available at any NHIF branch office. Their Codes are also available in NHIF offices.
In the wake of coronavirus in Kenya, NHIF has allowed members to change choose new, confirm existing or change preferred outpatient
The deadline for changing the NHIF outpatient facility has been extended to May 15, 2020.