KUCCPS List of Diploma and Certificate Courses for candidates who scored below C+ in 2021 KCSE
KUCCPS: Following the declaration of the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education-KCSE 2021 Examinations by the Cabinet Secretary in charge of Education, it is evident that only a handful of this year’s KCSE candidates hit the Kuccps Placement Passmark for universities, approximately 10 percent. According to Knec statistics, only 145,145 students managed the University entry grade, with nearly 700,000 students missing the mark. However, the students who scored D plain and above still have a chance to pursue Diploma and Certificate Courses in higher learning Institutions.
The students who scored C and C minus qualify to enroll for Diploma Courses in either of the 31 Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions across the country.
Also, the 495,686 students who scored D+ and below can sign up for certificate programs – craft certificate courses for those with D plain and above and artisan certificates for those who scored D plus and below.
“The number of candidates with a minimum TVET Diploma Courses qualification of grade C- and above in 2021 was 325,896 (39.27%). We, therefore, need to invest more in TVET Institutions where the bulk of our KCSE Examinations graduands will study,” Magoha stated as he released the KCES results.
The students who scored below C+ can also apply for College and TVET Institution Placement under the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS). Those who get selected to the Colleges and Tertiary Institutions are eligible for government sponsorship through the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
KUCCPS Opening and Closing Date And When Placement Results Will Be Out
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS is yet to announce its opening date for this year’s application yet.
Newspro has obtained insider report which reveals that the KUCCPS student portal will be opened for applications starting next month May 2022.
All qualified students are therefore encouraged to choose their favorite courses and universities from next month.
It is common for students to wonder when will KUCCPS placement results are released. That is because they want to prepare as early as possible.
Concerning the university placement results, all students will be notified of the course and the university they will join shortly after the revision through the portal.
Click the link below for more information; KUCCPS
How to apply for Kuccps placement 2021/2022 (Simplified guide)
- To apply, log in to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programs have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity. KUCCPS Online Application
- You may view the available programs and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programs, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safe. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay for Kuccps placement application
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820211
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.