KUCCPS ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL DATE FOR THE OPENING OF THE INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER PORTAL, FULL DETAILS BELOW
KUCCPS INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER PORTAL TO OPEN ON JUNE 17, 2020; KUCCPS RELEASES 2020 INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER DATES AND DEADLINE FOR KCSE 2019 CANDIDATES
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS has announced the official date for the opening of the 2020/2021 INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER PORTAL.
The process of applying for KUCCPS inter-university transfer is scheduled to kick off on June 17, 2020.
This process is fully automated and is normally done online through the official KUCCPS portal.
PHYSICAL VISITS TO THE INSTITUTIONS
Unlike in the past whereby candidates who were dissatisfied by their placement results had to travel all the way to the respective institutions for approval, this year, no physical visits are required.
Besides, students wishing to transfer to other institutions will not lose government sponsorship after the inter-university transfer whether they transfer to a public or private institution.
PROCEDURE FOR INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER
- Login to the official KUCCPS student portal by clicking HERE
- Click on the inter-university/institution transfer
- Fill the inter-university transfer form provided be entering your details and reasons for transfer. Somme of the viable reasons you can give include; high tuition fees, health conditions that are likely to be escalated by your admission into the current institution among others
- Pay the required fees
- Wait for approval by the receiving and releasing institution
- At this stage, KUCCPS shall review your application
- If the receiving institution give you a nod, then you are good to go since your transfer letter will be provided soon.
Before initiating the process of inter-university transfer;
- All applications for inter-university transfers must be done online via the official KUCCPS student portal at students.kuccps.ac.ke
- Not everyone is eligible for inter-university transfers. You must have been placed by KUCCPS in the programme and institution you would like to transfer from.
- The process of approval is a rigorous one. The applicant must meet the minimum requirements, cluster points for the course that s/he is applying for.
- Applicants are only allowed to apply to transfer to one programme only
- The KUCCPS inter-university/institution transfer fee is Kshs 1, 000.
- Do not make any payment before you are prompted by KUCCPS. KUCCPS shall send you an M-Pesa transaction code once you submit the application. Keep it safely since you may need it again.
- Remember to monitor the processing status of your application via the KUCCPS student portal.
- If your application is NOT APPROVED, the applicant will be retained in the course they had been placed for.