KNEC WANTS PRINCIPALS PRESENTING GROUP IV CANDIDATES TO UPLOAD PICTORIAL EVIDENCE OF CANDIDATES’ PROJECTS BY MID-JULY; LATEST CIRCULAR, NEW DEADLINE
In the latest Circular dated June 22, 2020, the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC now wants heads who registered KCSE candidates for Group IV subjects to present photographic evidence of the candidates’ projects (in gif or jpeg format) for the sake of recording and be done with the projects by July 15, 2020.
KCSE 2020 GROUP IV SUBJECTS
The Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC has issued fresh guidelines that will govern the handling of KCSE 2020 Group IV subjects, project-based subjects.
The new circular is a clarification of an earlier one in which principals were directed to wait upon the Council to give further guidelines on the handling of Milestone 1and 2 for Group IV subjects once schools reopen.
According to the new circular, all heads are expected to upload pictorial evidence together with candidates’ scores onto the KNEC portal when the new guidelines are issued,
“Take photographic evidence of the candidates’ projects (in .gif or .jpeg formats) for KCSE 2020 candidates taking Agriculture and dispose of the project by July 15, 2020,” reads the circular in part.
KNEC Boss Dr. Mercy Karogo has also promised to issue new guidelines for other Group IV subjects soon since schools are likely to reopen in September and Candidates are likely to be given priority.
HOW TO UPLOAD GROUP IV CANDIDATES’ SCORES AND PICTORIAL EVIDENCE ONTO THE KNEC PORTAL
Note: teachers must collect the required data-candidates’ scores and photographic evidence before commencing the process
To upload candidates’ scores, follow the following simplified steps
- Click on the following link to access the official KNEC portal: http://knec-portal.ac.ke
- Once you are logged onto the home page, click on the tab labeled “PROJECTS”
- Enter the school’s Username and Password used during the KCSE registration process to log onto the system
- Click on the subject whose scores you would like to upload to select it then click on “Get File.” This will redirect you to another page containing a list of all KCSE candidates registered for the given subject.
- Fill in the scores of each candidate alongside their correct names in the column marked “MARKS” then click on “POST” once you are done.
- The next step is to provide pictorial evidence for the project which is a photo (in .jpeg or .gif format). The photo must be stored on either your computer or phone before you start uploading it.
- To upload the pictorial evidence, Click on “CHOOSE FILE.” Pick the photo you would like to upload from your local storage by clicking on it. The photo will be automatically uploaded to the KNEC portal.
- Complete the process by clicking on “SAVE AND PREVIEW”
- Generate an online print out of the candidates by clicking on the tab labeled “REPORT.”
If a candidate’s credentials are not captured in the official KNEC portal, then his or her name will not appear on the online generated print-out.
In this case, the candidate should be listed manually on the print out using a red pen.
YOU MUST UPLOAD THE SCORES AND PICTORIAL EVIDENCE WITHIN THE GIVEN WINDOW PERIOD