HELB 2020-2021 SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT UNDERGRADUATE LOAN APPLICATIONS: APPLY NOW FOR THE SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT UNDERGRADUATE HELB LOAN 2020-2021
HELB PORTAL NOW OPEN FOR SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT LOAN APPLICATION FOR 2020-2021 FINANCIAL YEAR
HELB has invited interested applicants to apply for the Second and Subsequent Undergraduate Loan 2020-2021 financial year.
Eligible students include Kenyan students admitted to pursue both Government-sponsored and Self-Sponsored programs in both public and private universities in Kenya.
HELB 2020-2021 ELIGIBLE STUDENTS
- Recent Beneficiaries of the HELB undergraduate loan
- Students successfully placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS in both private and public local universities in Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree Self-sponsored, Parallel and Module II
The deadline for application for HELB 2020-2021 SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT UNDERGRADUATE LOAN has been set on June 30, 2020.
HOW TO EASILY APPLY FOR HELB SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT UNDERGRADUATE LOAN THROUGH THE HELB MOBILE LOAN APP
Unlike in the past when students had to grapple with the HELB loan application procedure in cyber cafes, the Board has made it possible for applicants to do so from the comfort of their home.
There are two ways through which one can easily apply for HELB loans: HELB Mobile Loan App and USSD Code.
Below is a simplified procedure on how to download the HELB Mobile APP and apply for the 2020-2021 HELB Second and Subsequent Loan
- Ensure that your phone has got enough power and access to the internet connection
- On your phone, access your play store
- On the search box that appears on top, type the words “HELB Loan Mobile App” then click on Search.
- The search engine will provide results in less than two minutes.
- Next, click on the HELB Mobile App you would like to download to select it.
- Click on the tab labeled “Download.” The App will be downloaded and installed on your phone.
- Once it is ready for use, follow the simple guidelines provided to register and enable you to complete the loan application process.
HOW TO EASILY APPLY FOR HELB SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT UNDERGRADUATE LOAN THROUGH THE HELB USSD CODE
This is the simplest way to apply for HELB loans especially if you do not have an android phone.
The HELB USSD Code is *642
Below is a simplified procedure on how to apply for HELB 2020-2021 Second and Subsequent Loan via the HELB USSD Code
- On your mobile phone, dial *642
- A prompt message directing you to log in will appear
“Welcome to HELB Mobile Platform
- Forgot PIN
- Helb Certificate Checker
- Choose the first option, Option 1, and enter your PIN to log in.
- HELB will send you a one- time password to enable you to apply for the loan.
HELB SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT APPLICATION, A SIMPLIFIED PROCEDURE
- Register your details first either through the HELB mobile loan app or USSD code
- Select the HELB loan application form
- Fill in your details such as Full name, guarantors, mobile number, KRA PIN, Id number
- Submit your form for approval.
Note: Providing incorrect information to HELB will attract hefty penalties including non-disbursement or misdirected funds.
HELB SECOND AND SUBSEQUENT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who qualifies for a HELB loan?
Students who have been admitted to pursue higher education in both private and public local universities in Kenya
How do I get a subsequent HELB loan?
You can visit the www.helb.co.ke log in, fill the HELB second and subsequent loan application form and submit.
Is the HELB portal open?
The HEL portal for 2020-2021 second and subsequent loan applications is currently open up to June 30, 2020.
What is HELB?
The term HELB is an abbreviation of Higher Education Loans Board, an organization that grants loans, and scholarships to facilitate higher education for needy students in Kenyan universities. It was founded in the year 1995 through an Act of Parliament.