2020 TSC INTERNSHIP; TSC ADVERTISES 12, 000 VACANCIES FOR TEACHER INTERNS IN BOTH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS UNDER THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT POST COVID-19 ECONOMIC STIMULUS PROGRAM, APPLICATION DEADLINE- MONDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2020 (Unverified)
The Teachers Service Commission has announced 12, 000 slots for qualified and interested teachers on internship terms.
4, 000 posts will be filled by primary school teachers while the remaining 8, 000 will be filled by secondary school teachers.
This is in line with the government’s plan to put in place a post-covid-19 economic stimulus program announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta during his 7th presidential address on the state of the pandemic on May 23, 2020.
2020 TSC INTERNSHIP
Teacher Internship is a short-term program that lasts one year, 12 months that support the efforts being undertaken by teacher training institutions to equip and sustain the competencies of fresh graduates entering the teaching profession.
The program specifically targets unemployed teachers who are signed after successful recruitment to learning institutions where their service is needed to sharpen their teaching skills and get exposure to practical work experience.
2020 TSC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE, HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline for the advertised TSC internship teaching vacancies has been set on Monday, November 2, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY FOR 2020 TSC INTERNSHIP VACANCIES ONLINE
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply online through the TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke under Careers or via www.teachersonline.go.ke.
NOTE: Manual applications will not be considered.
This is good news especially for qualified and interested candidates who missed out on the recently concluded TSC recruitment for over 11, 500 teaching posts on permanent and pensionable terms.
Some of the applicants missed out on the just concluded golden opportunities due to lack of evidence of internship.
Therefore, their colleagues who have been working as TSC teacher interns scored more marks earning them a direct ticket to the limited slots on permanent and pensionable terms.
ELIGIBILITY- 2020 TSC INTERNSHIP
To qualify, an applicant must at the time of application meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be registered with the TSC as a professional teacher
- Be a holder of a P1certificate-primary and a minimum of a diploma in education-secondary
- Possess original academic and professional documents
- Should not have been previously employed by TSC as a teacher on permanent and pensionable terms
- Must not have served as a teacher intern under the TSC internship program
- Must have personal accident insurance to cover any personal risks
- Be ready to be posted to any public school in Kenya
Candidates should also have:
- A copy of national ID or passport
- NHIF Card
- KRA PIN
- Two colored passport size photographs
- A valid certificate of good conduct
- NCPWD Card, where applicable
- TSC registration certificate or print-out from TSC portal evidencing registration as a teacher
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
The 2020 TSC internship program will last 12 months without extension.
2020 TSC INTERNSHIP REMUNERATION
The commission would like to notify applicants that a teacher internship is not a remunerative program. However, interns attached to primary schools and secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs 15, 000 and Kshs 20, 000 respectively subject to statutory/mandatory deductions such as NHIF and NSSF.