Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

2020 FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA

HERE IS A DETAILED GUIDE ON THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION'S 2020 FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA TO NATIONAL, EXTRA COUNTY, COUNTY AND SUB COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOLS.

2020 FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA.
0

Since the 2019 KCPE exam results have just been released, the Ministry of Education’s next key step is to select and place the candidates in various secondary schoools in Kenya.

Selection is normally based on academic performance of students and other factors such as special needs cases.

schools in Kenya are divided into four major tiers: National schools, Extra County, County and Sub County.

There are 35 Special Needs Education centres across Kenya which will absorb learners with special needs.

BELOW IS A DETAILED GUIDE ON THE 2020 FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA TO NATIONAL, EXTRA COUNTY, COUNTY AND SUB COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KENYA.

2020 FORM ONE SELECTION TO NATIONAL SCHOOLS

National schools have been previously admitting KCPE candidates who attain at least 400 marks.

The 2020 form one selection might, however, be different since only 9, 770 2019 KCPE candidates attained the pass mark.

This, therefore, means that more slots will have to be filled to meet the declared capacity of 30, 000 students.

According to KNEC statistics, a total of 253, 000 2019 KCPE candidates scored 300 marks and above.

Consequently, those who posted quality grades are likely to fill the remaining 20, 000 slots in National schools across Kenya.

The Ministry of Education may be forced to lower the entry mark for National schools.

TO CHECK ON YOUR FORMONE SELECTION STATUS, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW

http://education.go.ke/

18 TRADITIONAL, WELL-ESTABLISHED NATIONAL SCHOOLS
The 9 770 2019 KCPE candidates who attained the pass mark will, however, scramble for slots in the traditional, well established national schools.

These include:

Starehe Girls Centre
Starehe Boys Centre
Alliance Girls
Alliance Boys
Lenana School
Kenya High School
Maryhill Girls
Loreto Limuru
Limuru Girls
Maseno School
Mang’u High
Moi Forces Academy
Nairobi School
Moi Forces Lanet
Nakuru Girls
Utumishi Academy
Nakuru Boys
Moi Girls Eldoret

2020 FORM ONE SELECTION TO EXTRA COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOLS

The selection of form one students to extra county secondary schools, on the other hand, will be based on a 20:40:40 ratio, to be shared among the host sub-county, the host county and other counties respectively.

This means that the host sub-county will receive 20%, the host county 40% and the other 40%.

2020 FORM ONE SELECTION TO COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOLS
The available slots in county schools will be shared out across sub-counties on a 20: 80 ratio.

The host county will receive 20% of the candidates while the other sub-counties will receive 80%.

2020 FORM ONE SELECTION TO SUB-COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOLS
All 2019 KCPE candidates for sub-county secondary schools will be selected from the host sub-county based on merit and choice.

2020 FORM ONE SELECTION TO SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION SECONDARY SCHOOLS
There are 35 special needs education institutions in Kenya.

According to the Ministry of Education, the 35 SNE secondary schools can accommodate approximately 1, 500 students.

Pre-selection to SNE schoolsStarehe Boys, Starehe Girls, Moi Forces Academy, Utumishi Academy and Moi Tea Girls is done separately.

 

Enter Your Mail Address

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.