All TSC employees and other civil servants are expected to declare their income, assets and liabilities for the year 2017 to 2019 online by 31st December 2019.
This is a mandatory requirement in line with Section 26 and 27 of the Public Officer Ethics Act which directs all civil servants to declare their (IAL) Income, Assets and Liabilities.
It is a way through which public officers are held accountable in case of any abnormal acquisition of wealth.
The exercise is conducted after a span of two years and the latest begun in the year 2017.
The Teachers Service Commission introduced an online wealth declaration portal in 2017.
The 2019 wealth declaration exercise starts on 1st 0ctober.
Online declaration of wealth can be done through the Teachers Online Portal http://tsconline.tsc.go.ke.
Click on the portal then select “Declaration of income, assets and liability” tab.
IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR THE DECLARATION OF WEALTH
You should have the following details in order to successfully complete the process:
- Birth Details (DOB and Place of birth)
- Marital status
- Address- physical and postal
- Employment Details- Designation, Name of Employer, TSC Number, Current Work Station and Sub-county.
- Name of Spouse(s)
- Name(s) of Dependent children who are below 18 years.
- Income- salary and other alternative sources of income such as businesses
- Assets such as land, buildings, machinery and vehicles
- Liabilities such as loans
- A witness, for instance, your colleague at work.
HOW TO DECLARE YOUR WEALTH ONLINE
- Access the wealth declaration portal online using the link: http://tsconline.tsc.go.ke
- Enter your TSC Number then click Next.
- Enter your TSC Number in the next window and click on the “Log in” tab.
- After logging in, check on the Wealth Declaration tab at the top.
- Click on “Basic Information”. The following details will be already available: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Phone Number, ID no, D.O.B and e-mail.
- Enter the following details: Gender, Place of Birth, Marital Status and Postal address.
- Once you have filled all the details, click “Next.” This will take you to the next Section, Section B where you will fill in your approximate income, assets and liabilities.
- In the next window, fill the details of your dependents ie spouse and children who are below 18 years.
- Enter the details of your witness- Name, Address and ID.
- To complete the process, upload the information.