TSC JSS Training Dates and Venues for Grade Seven Teachers and Principals 2023
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has released a circular on the dates and venues for the upcoming training of Junior Secondary School, JSS, teachers.
According to the teachers’ employer, the retooling of grade seven JSS teachers in Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) and Competency Based Assessment (CBA) will take place between 13th March, 2023 and 19th March, 2023.
The venues for the face to face training will take place in Teacher Training Colleges and select venues within the respective counties.
|13th March, 2023 and 16th March, 2023||Training of head teachers-Smart cascade mode||Face-to-face||Headteachers||TTCs and County select venues|
|13th March, 2023 and 19th March, 2023||Training of teachers-Smart cascade mode||Face-to-face||Teachers of Language||TTCs and County select venues|
|13th March, 2023 and 19th March, 2023||Training of teachers-Smart cascade mode||Face-to-face||Mathematics teachers||TTCs and County select venues|
|13th March, 2023 and 19th March, 2023||Training of teachers-Smart cascade mode||Face-to-face||Teachers handling humanities||TTCs and County select venues|
|13th March, 2023 and 19th March, 2023||Training of teachers-Smart cascade mode||Face-to-face||Teachers of Technical subjects||TTCs and County select venues|
TSC TRAINING OF TEACHERS HANDLING GRADE SEVEN IN COMPETENCY BASED CURRICULUM ASSESSMENT
The mode of training will be samrt cascade done face to face using a multi-agency approach.
The teacher capacity development will be conducted within six days as follows;
- Headteachers= 3 days
- Teachers= 6 days
- Trainers of Teachers (TOTs)= 6 days
The master trainers will offer professional support during the training of teachers.
Here are the guidelines for the Training of JSS Teachers .
Guidelines for the Training of JSS Teachers 2023/2023
- Non-residential JSS teachers for non-Arid and Semi-Arid areas(non-ASAL) will be have their travel cost reimbursed
- Residential JSS teachers for non-Arid and Semi-Arid areas(non-ASAL) will receive accomodation allowance.
- Residential SNE JSS teachers for both non-ASAL and Arid and Semi-Arid Areas, ASAL, will receive accomodation allowance.
- Residential Trainers of Trainers, TOTs for regular and SNE will receive accomodation allowance.
SELECTED VENUES FOR TSC TRAINING 2023 FOR JSS TEACHERS
The upcoming training for JSS teachers will take place in both Teachers Training Colleges TTCs and selected venues in each county.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS FOR JSS TSC TRAINING PER SCHOOL 2023
According to the TSC circular, every junior secondary school will identify three teachers and a head teacher for the training.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAINING OF GRADE SEVEN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
Head teachers for both regular and SNE schools must possess a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in education with at least C+ plus mean grade or its equivalent and a C+ plus in the two teaching subjects.
CLUSTER SUBJECTS FOR TSC TRAINING OF GRADE SEVEN JSS TEACHERS AND HEAD TEACHERS
The selected cluster subjects for JSS TSC training encompass
- Language- English, Literature, foreign and indigeneous languages
- Kiswahili and Kenya Sign Language, KSL
- Pure Sciences-Integrated Science-Biology, Chemictry, Physics and Health Education
- Humanities-Social Studies(Citizenship, Geography, History), Religious Studies(CRE, IRE, Hindu, FIRE and PPI) and Life Skills
- Technical subjects-Pre-vocational and pre-career-Business Studies, Sports and Physical Education, Home Science, Art and Design.
The Commission has at the same time released the number of target participants with C+ and above per county who have been targeted for the upcoming training.