Kenya Primary School Education Assessment, KPSEA, Final Timetable & Instructions
Kenya Primary School Education Assessment
Period: December 2022
Number of subjects
Type: Multiple choice
4. I.S. (Integrated Sciences)
*Physical Health Education (P. H. E)
5. C.A.S.S. ( Creative And Social Sciences)
*Art and Craft
*Religious Education (R.E, CRE, IRE, HRE)
*Composition and Insha will not be tested.*
Mathematics 1hour 20min
English. 1 hour
*Students with special needs will have extra time*
K.P.S.E.A. Final Score
1. 60% – S.B.A.( School-Based Assessment). Done annually in the upper primary classes, Grade 4, 5 and 6.
Executed by classroom teachers guided by KNEC. Done in the form of:
2. 40% – Summative National Examination. Done imultiple-choiceple choice questions.
Placement of Grade Six Candidates Into Junior Secondary School will be based on:
*Performance of the learner in the Grade six report *Optional subjects chosen
*Ability to join the day school
1. Students will join junior secondary schools that will be domiciled in their former primary schools.
2. Junior Secondary Schools will be domiciled in primary schools.
2. Grade 7 and 8 – Junior High School, will be day scholars.
October/ November 2023.