Now that the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS officially opened the student portal for KCSE 2020 candidates to revise and apply for their preferred degree, diploma, artisan, and technical courses, the only unanswered query is how to go about this exercise.
KUCCPS application process is straightforward and easy to go about it through either your desktop or smartphone. In this write up am going to take you through the step-by-step procedure of apply/revising KUCCPS courses.
Eligibility for KUCCPS Application
- You must be a Kenyan Citizen
- You have not benefited from Government Sponsorship before i.e You have not been placed by KUCCPS before.
KUCCPS Application Guidelines and procedure for the 2021 Academic year.
Here is the simplified guide on how to apply for placement into a tertiary institution through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS):
- Log onto the Student’s Portal through this Url: https://students.kuccps.net.
- Enter your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number or KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- Complete your profile by filling in the following; your email, guardian/parent email, your phone, guardian/parent, postal address, postal code, and postal town. After confirming that all fields have been correctly filled, click on submit.
- All programs have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programs and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programs, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your M-Pesa transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
Filing Students’ choices
The student has 18 choices open to them,
- 6 Degree options (1a, 1b, 1c, 2, 3, 4)
- 4 Diploma options (1,2,3,4).
- 4 Craft Certificate options (1,2,3,4)
- 4 Artisan Certificate options (1,2,3,4).
The Student is allowed to apply for either any combination of or all levels, but they should be in the appropriate fields, i.e. no Diploma Codes in the Degree area or vice versa, these choices will be disregarded.
The student should only apply for programs they will be comfortable pursuing if they are placed to them. No field is mandatory.
Multiple Categories Consideration
When you apply to more than one category i.e. Degree, Diploma, Craft Certificate, Artisan Certificate, you can opt into having the two categories considered at the same time during processing.
For example: If you apply for Diploma and Craft Certificate you will be considered for your Craft Certificate Application in case you miss out on your Diploma Application. If you opt-out of this option, only your Diploma application will be considered.
How to Pay for KUCCPS 2021, KUCCPS Business number
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.