TSC Seeks to Recruit Chief Curriculum Support Officers, CSOs (TSC CSO)-TSC Scale 13; Here are the Requirements For Appointment, Salary, Duties and Responsibilities
TSC Chief Curriculum Support Officer (CSO)-TSC Scale 13; Requirements For Appointment, Salary and Duties
The Teachers’ Service Commission, TSC, announces vacant slots to be filled by interested and qualified applicants every year.
To check out available TSC slots for Curriculum Support Officers 2021, click on the link below
Vacancies for Deputy Principal, Senior Lecturer, Senior Master, Curriculum Support Officer, Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher in line with the Career Progression Guidelines for Teachers
Duties and Responsibilities of TSC CSO
Duties and responsibilities at this level entail:
1. Carrying out regular visits to schools, observe teaching techniques, give demonstration lessons and advice teachers on methods and resources needed for effective teaching and learning;
2. Coordinating the Collection, collation and submission of data on school enrollment, establishment, staffing and other related information;
3. Coordinating the organization and management of co-curriculum activities;
4. Coordinating training needs of teachers and heads of institutions and advise the Commission accordingly;
5. Organizing and conducting courses on curriculum delivery and implementation through seminars, workshops, retreats and in service programs in conjunction with the sub county director;
6. Coordinating the identification and acquisition of appropriate teaching and learning resources;
7. Ensuring teachers develop teaching aids and other reference materials;
8. Ensuring teachers are updated on curriculum changes, pedagogy, content coverage and other emerging issues in the teaching service; (ix) Working with the quality assurance officer to improve teaching and learning.
9. Carrying out Performance Appraisal of staff below them;
Coordinating identification, assessment and placement of children with special needs in SNE institutions;
10. Advising the Commission on the staffing needs of special schools and career progression and professional development of SNE teachers;
11. Monitoring and ensuring compliance with special needs education delivery standards;
12. Monitoring the conduct of special needs education teachers in the management of special needs learners;
13. Maintaining data on SNE schools and learners.
Requirements for Appointment, TSC CSO
For appointment to this grade, one must have:
Served as a teacher for a minimum period of 15years;
Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized institution; OR Bachelors degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from a recognized institution;
Masters degree in Education/special education from a recognized institution;
Certificate in computer applications skills;
Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
Meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution;
A Management course for not less than 2 weeks.
Kindly note that all TSC Recruitments and Promotions are free and fair to all.
If you spot any irregular activities during TSC Interviews do not hesitate, be the first one to blow the whistle.
Any fraudulent claims should be reported to the Teachers Service Commission since the Commission has got formal channels of addressing such issues.