A teacher employed by the Teachers Service Commission in Kenya is entitled to 42 days annual leave which should be taken during school holidays.
This, however, does not mean that the teacher is not on duty since a teacher who is not on annual leave should be in school even during the school holidays.
The annual leave can only be granted by the Teachers Service Commission.
Here is the TSC Annual Leave Application Form
As you proceed to apply for the leave, remember the following details must be provided:
- Basic details such as Name, TSC number, Job group, and contact
- Length- number of days and the time period (dates)
- Immediate supervisor’s comments-the deputy principal’s remarks
- Approval by the principal (head of the institution)
- The form must be filled in duplicate- two copies.
- The form should be submitted one month before the start of the leave.
- Teachers on study leave cannot apply for the TSC annual leave.
- Teachers on maternity leave can still apply for the TSC annual leave.