2023/2024 Scholarships for KCPE 2023 Candidates- Elimu Scholarship
Elimu scholarships for KCPE 2023 candidates are now available. Click Here to apply.
2023 KCPE candidates can 2022 KCPE candidates can now submit their applications for the 2024 Elimu Scholarship Programme. For qualifications, application instructions, and form download, visit; The Elimu Scholarship Programme Page 2023/2024.
2023/2024 Elimu Scholarship for KCPE Candidates Target Group
The Elimu Scholarship Programme targets needy (orphan or vulnerable) Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) candidates. Beneficiaries are mapped out by assessing their performance in the KCPE Examination that is administered nationally.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
The applicant should create a new account through the portal https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/ and fill in the 2024 application form for consideration.
1. Only 2023 KCPE candidates are legible to apply for the 2024 Elimu Scholarship Programme.
2. The information provided in the online form is intended to help the Community Scholarship Advisory Board (CSAC) administering Elimu Scholarships
to understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship award.
3. All fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled accordingly.
4. The online application form must be filled accurately, honestly and in full. Applications without relevant documents will not be considered.
5. To complete the online application process, you will be required to have soft/scanned copies of the following documents:
• KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school)
• Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother is/are deceased)
• Evidence of financial support (if you have received support in the past)
• Evidence of special needs (if you have indicated that you are a Special Needs learner)
• Copy of Pay Slip/Bank Statement (if parent(s)/guardian(s) is employed/business person)
• Signed Declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
• Copy of Birth Certificate or a registration number in case of refugees
• Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Administration, Religious Leader or any other leader
NB: The completion and submission of this form is not a guarantee for sponsorship. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
ELIMU PROGRAM SELECTION CRITERIA
The Elimu Scholarships will be awarded to needy and vulnerable learners who attained 280 marks and above in the 2023 KCPE Examination in all 47 Counties (including informal settlements in fifteen (15) urban centres). For affirmative action, candidates who are Orphans and those with special
needs and disabilities who attained below 280 marks may be considered. Refugee girls and boys from camp-based schools who attained a minimum
of 240 and 250 marks respectively may be considered. Only candidates who sat the 2023 KCPE examinations from public schools and those from camp based primary schools in Kakuma, Kalobeyei and Daadab are eligible. Only candidates who would otherwise not afford to join Form One without
financial support and are academically promising will be considered for the scholarship. These include:
• Candidates with special needs and disabilities (Physical, Hearing and Visual Impairments, Autism, Albinism, Learning Disabilities and Others); or
• Orphans and vulnerable children; or
• Candidates from informal settlements in 15 urban centres;
• Candidates from the 49 camp-based schools or
• Whose parents/guardians are living with disabilities that have compromised their ability to meet the financial obligations of their children.
• Whose families are affected by HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses with debilitating effects that could render parents and guardians destitute
and unable to fend for their families.
• Whose families are affected by extreme poverty rendering them unable to educate their children.
• Who have suffered from neglect, abuse and have no support to continue with their education.
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – 2023
Click on Create an Account.
You will be redirected to a new page where
you will register into the Foundation. Fill
in all the fields provided.
Click on the Register button to submit
• All form fields with an asterisk(*) require to be filled before clicking on the ‘Register’ button
• Password must be at least 8 characters with an uppercase letter
2. Login Page
Once you log in successfully, you will be redirected to a new page where you will see Open Scholarship for application.
Read the scholarship description and click Apply. Fill in all the fields provided in every step, then click on the ‘Save
Changes’ button to submit your details in every step.
When the beneficiary clicks the ‘Save Changes’ button, a review page is displayed where all the details filled in the step by
step process form are displayed.
Once you review and submit your application, you will be directed back to the application dashboard which displays the
Application Status. The beneficiary can view more details of their application by clicking on the ‘View Application’ button.
The final step is for you to click on the ‘Submit Application’
(button) for review or edit any part of the form.
If the code has not been sent yet to
your account, click ‘Activate
Account’ for it to resend the
Activation Code email and SMS.
Once you fill the registration form and submit it, an Activation Code will be sent to your phone via SMS and email [if
provided]. Enter the code and click the ‘Activate Account’ button to activate your account.
Enter your Phone Number, then
enter your Password and click the
Login button. See below.
3. Activate Account
4. Scholarship Application
If you have any questions about this process or any Elimu Scholarship Programme, please contact:
Tel: +254 763 000 000, email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Equity Center, 8th Floor, Hospital Road, Upper Hill | P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi, Kenya