The Kenya Defence Forces recruitment exercise which had been postponed early this month has been rescheduled to take place between 27th November 2019 and 16th December 2019.
General Service Officers (GSO) cadets, specialist officers and tradesmen/ women should submit their applications to the Defence Headquarters.
General Duty Recruits and Defence Forces Constables on the other hand will be recruited at the sub-counties by KDF teams. Specific dates are yet to be submitted.
Candidates who had applied earlier MUST apply afresh.
HERE IS THE LATEST ADVERT FROM THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE:
ADVERTISEMENT FOR RECRUITMENT OF GENERAL SERVICE OFFICER (GSO) CADETS, SPECIALIST OFFICERS, GENERAL DUTY RECRUITS, TRADESMEN/WOMEN AND DEFENCE FORCES CONSTABLES INTO THE KENYA DEFENCE FORCES
- The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets, Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/women and Constables which is scheduled to take place in the month of November and December 2019.
- CORRUPTION. Bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law. All persons presenting themselves for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified documents or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted. If you accept to be conned, you will lose your money or property and go to jail; it has happened to many citizens during previous recruitments. Do not waste your money and risk imprisonment; NO ONE can influence the recruitment process. Report any suspicious activities to the nearest Police Station or a Military Camp. KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL.
- The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
- General Conditions
(1) Be Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
(2) Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card. (4 Copies of National Identity Card and PIN certificate)
(3) Age – between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains/Imams.
(4) Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
(5) Have no criminal record.
(6) Minimum Height:
(a) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
(b) Women 1.52m (5ft).
(7) Minimum Weight:
(a) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
(b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(8) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
- Minimum Academic Qualifications
(1) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
(2) Specialist Officers. Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with a statutory body where applicable. The training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
(3) Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits. Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
(4) Tradesmen/women. Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below.
(a) Technicians. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
(b) Artisans. A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized Institution.
(a) Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired National Youth Serviceman/woman.
(b) Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
(c) Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct.
(d) Must have served for at least 9 years Colour Service or retired honourably from KDF.
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets
- Specialist Officers. In addition to the minimum academic qualifications, Specialist Officers must posses’ qualifications and where necessary be registered with the relevant Statutory Bodies for the vacancies below:
(1) Medical Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and be registered with Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
(2) Pharmacists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB).
(3) Nursing Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK).
(4) Dentists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery and be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
(5) Laboratory Technologists. Must hold a Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Science.
(6) Counselling Psychologists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Counselling Psychology.
(7) Public Health Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health/Environmental Science.
(8) Cyber Security/Digital Forensic/IT Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering/Networking. Certification in Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, and Ethical hacking or Information Security analysis will be added advantage.
(9) Engineers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical, Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Instrumentation and Control, Mechanical, Marine, Biomedical, Naval Architecture and Mechatronics Engineering and be registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
(10) Journalists. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication majoring either in Broadcast Production or Public Relations with at least two (2) years working experience.
(11) Lawyers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University, be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, hold a current and valid practising certificate with at least two (2) years practising experience. Experience in litigation will be an added advantage.
(12) Physical Training Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or Bachelor of Education (Physical Education).
(13) Finance/Accounting Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Accounting option).
(14) Music Specialists. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Music.
(15) Chaplains/Imams. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Theology/Islamic studies from a recognized Institution. Protestant Churches and Roman Catholic Chaplains must be ordained Ministers and recommended by Archbishop and Episcopal Conference respectively. Imams must be recommended by the Chief Kadhi.
(16) Hospitality Management/Catering Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management/ Food Production.
(17) Entrepreneurship and Management Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship.
(18) Statistics Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Actuarial Science.
(19) Procurement & Supply Chain Management Officers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management /Purchasing & Supplies Management.
(20) Library and Information Officers. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science.
(21) Project Managers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Project Planning and Management.
(22) Quantity Surveyors. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Survey and registered with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS).
(23) Oceanographers. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Oceanography.
(24) Dock Masters. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nautical Science.
(a) Accounting/Finance/CPA II
(b) Aeronautical Engineering (A&E)
(c) Archives and Record Management
(d) Automotive Engineering
(e) Building and Construction
(f) Carpentry and Joinery
(g) Community Health & Development
(h) Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
(i) Computer Science/Information Technology
(j) Counselling Psychology
(k) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
(l) Electrical and Instrumentation/Control Engineering
(m) Human Resource Management
(n) Journalism (Print Journalist, Audio – Visual Producer)
(o) Marine Engineering
(p) Mechanical Engineering (Plant/Production)
(q) Medical Laboratory
(s) Painting/Coating Technology
(t) Para Legal
(u) Pharmaceutical Technology
(v) Plumbing and Pipe Fitting/Plumbing Technology
(w) Project Planning and Management
(x) Public Health/Environmental Science
(y) Purchasing and Supplies Management
(aa) Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
(bb) Research Skills Development
(cc) Sales and Marketing
(ee) Telecommunication Engineering
(ff) Warehouse/Store Keeping Management
(gg) Welding & Fabrication
(a) Auto/Motor Vehicle Electrical
(b) Automotive/Motor Vehicle Mechanics
(c) Carpentry and Joinery
(d) Composite Manufacturing Technology
(e) Electrical and Electronics
(f) Marine/Ship Construction
(g) Masonry and Brick Laying
(h) Plant Mechanics
(j) Plant Operations (Heavy Plant/Crane/Forklift/Tug Operations)
(k) Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
(l) Welding and Fabrication
- Detailed CV which should include height and weight, clear photocopies of relevant academic certificates, professional body membership certificate and current national identity card (ID) must be attached to the application and addressed to the: Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces (Personnel and Logistics) Ministry of Defence Head Quarters Ulinzi House P.O Box 40688-00100 Nairobi.
- The applications for GSO Cadets, Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/ Women to reach the addressee on or before 27th November 2019. Candidates who will be shortlisted for GSO Cadets and Specialist Officers shall be notified through the print media from 16th to 20th December 2019 and Tradesmen/ Women shall be notified through the print media from 23rd to 29th December 2019. All candidates who had applied earlier must apply afresh.
- The KDF Recruiting Teams consisting of the Kenya Army, the Kenya Air Force and the Kenya Navy will be visiting the Recruiting Centres as indicated below to recruit General Service Officers, General Duty Recruits and Defence Forces Constables.
Twitter @kdfinfo KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL.