LATEST NEWS ON 2020 KCSE: “2020 SECONDARY SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS” FOR KCSE 2020 CANDIDATES
SECONDARY SCHOOLS’ FRANTIC EFFORTS TO BOOST THEIR 2020 KCSE MEAN SCORES- THIS IS WHY SECONDARY SCHOOLS ARE CRAVING FOR KCSE 2019 CANDIDATES WHO SCORED A C- AND ABOVE AS THE LAST RESORT TO BOOST THEIR 2020 KCSE MEAN SCORES
EXTERNAL LINKS WITH RELATED CONTENT
Despite the abolishing of the ranking of schools based on KCPE and KCSE performance, some schools are still stuck in their medieval, unorthodox ways of boosting their KCSE mean scores for the year 2020.
Social media pages are flooded with messages urging KCSE 2019 candidates who scored either a C-Minus or a C plain and would wish to repeat to get in touch with specific schools for free scholarships.
2020 KCPE AND KCSE KNEC REGISTRATION DEADLINE AND IMPORTANT DATES
According to the most recent circular by the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, registration of candidates for the 2020 KCSE and KCPE exams will commence on January Thursday 2 2020 and end on February 15 2020.
KCSE 2019 ESSENTIAL STATISTICS
According to the KCSE 2019 statistics, 63, 102 KCSE candidates scored a C plain while 83, 358 KCSE 2019 candidates attaining a C- Minus.
According to the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS 2020 cut off points, these students have qualified for diploma and certificate courses offered at various TVET colleges. However, some of them may prefer sitting for the KCSE 2020 national exams to attain the minimum entry grade to universities-a C+ Plus and above.
KNEC REGISTRATION 2020: HOW TO REGISTER A NEW INSTITUTION AS AN EXAMINATION CENTRE: CONDITIONS, MINIMUM CANDIDATURE, PRISON AND SPECIAL NEEDS CANDIDATES
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO NEW INSTITUTIONS WISHING TO REGISTER CANDIDATES FOR KNEC EXAMINATIONS-REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM CANDIDATURE, PRISON AND SPECIAL NEEDS CANDIDATES
This article seeks to give simplified KNEC guidelines on schools/institutions wishing to register as KNEC examination centres.
HOW TO REGISTER A NEW SCHOOL OR INSTITUTION AS A KNEC EXAMINATION CENTRE: CONDITIONS AND PROCEDURE
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF KNEC EXAMINATION CENTRES
Any new institution that wishes to register candidates for the Kenya National Examinations Council must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a valid certificate of registration issued by the Ministry of Education in the case of a school seeking to register candidates for KCSE and KCPE exams and Technical Education Centres.
- In the case of Business and Technical examination centres, the institution must submit a report from the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
- Complete and submit an application form for the registration of a new examination centre available on the following official KNEC website: https://www.knec.ac.ke/
- Submit a questionnaire duly filled by the sub-County Director of Education or KNEC after a thorough inspection of the proposed examination centre. The questionnaire should be accompanied by a report on the recommendations on the status of the new institution.
- In case an examination centre relocates to new premises it must apply to KNEC for re-inspection.
N/B: The Kenya National Examinations Council has the right to combine examination centres for easier administration of exams and security purposes.
- The minimum candidature that an examination centre can present for registration is as follows: KCPE and KCSE- at least 15 candidates Business, Technical and Teacher Education- at least 10 candidates Foreign exams- at least 15 candidates
Examination centres which present fewer candidates than the required minimum are thus not recognized as examination centres. Consequently, they should be hosted by other centres.
- However, prisons and institutions with special needs are exempted from the total number of candidature rule.
All KNEC examination centres are required to log into the KNEC Registration Portal: https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/ for specific examination and fill the candidate’s details using the centre or school registration password.
TO REGISTER YOUR NEW INSTITUTION AS AN EXAMINATION CENTRE, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:
KNEC REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES
The registration of candidates for KNEC exams is based on the rules and regulations and syllabi for the specific exam you wish to register for.
These regulations and syllabus will offer guidelines and procedures followed when registering candidates.
FUNCTIONS OF HEADS OF SCHOOLS AND INSTITUTIONS IN THE REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES
After giving information on the candidates, heads of schools or institutions are expected to re-check the online report for accuracy purposes.
The head should also download the list of candidates, sign and stamp on the space provided and give other details required in the nominal roll after verifying the information.
KCPE/KCSE KNEC REGISTRATION FEE
Registration fee for KNEC exams is usually remitted/paid by the Ministry of Education. Thus all KCPE and KCSE candidates from both private and public schools should not pay for the KNEC exams.
The following categories of KNEC Candidates should, however, pay the REGISTRATION FEE:
- KCPE and KCSE private candidates
- Prison candidates
- Teacher Education Candidates
- Business and Technical examinations candidates
KNEC REGISTRATION OF SPECIAL NEEDS CANDIDATES
Special Needs Education candidates have been grouped into 4 categories by KNEC:
- Candidates with Visual Impairment- low vision and blind candidates
- Candidates with Mental challenges-mentally challenged
- Candidates with Hearing Impairment-Hearing Impaired
- Candidates with Physical Impairment-Physically challenged.
N/B: INFORMATION ON THE AFORE-MENTIONED CANDIDATES THAT IS INDEX NUMBER, SUBJECTS AND DEGREE OF IMPAIRMENT MUST BE CAPTURED DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
THE COUNCIL WILL FACILITATE EFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION OF EXAMS FOR SUCH CANDIDATES BASED ON THE DEGREE OF IMPAIRMENT AND SUPPORTING EVIDENCE FROM A COMPETENT MEDICAL AUTHORITY.
Registration of KNEC exams is done online.
TO REGISTER CANDIDATES, CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.knec.ac.ke/our-portals/
To contact KNEC, use the following channels
KNEC POSTAL ADDRESS: Chief Executive Officer – P.O. Box: 73598 00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
KNEC TELEPHONE NUMBERS: +254 020 3317412 / 3317413 / 3317419 / 3317427 / 3341027 3341050 / 3341071 / 3341098 / 3341113 / 2213381
KNEC Fax: +254-020- 2226032
KNEC MOBILE NUMBER: 0720741001/0732333860
Here are important NEW KNEC PORTALS AND LINKS:
To receive instant KNEC news click on this link: knec.ac.ke/news/
To access, KNEC Online Services click on this link: knec.ac.ke/services/
For KNEC Downloads click on this link: knec.ac.ke/download-hub/
For KNEC Frequently Asked Questions FAQs click on this link: http://knec.ac.ke/faq-page/
For KNEC Contacts click here: knec.ac.ke/contact/
For KCPE AND KCSE Online Registration click here: knec-portal.ac.ke/
For DiplomaTeacher Education Registration click here: registration.knec.ac.ke/online-dte/
For Primary Teacher Education Registration click here: registration.knec.ac.ke/online-pte/
For ECDE Registration click here registration.knec.ac.ke/online-ecde/
For Teacher Certificate in Adult Education Registration click here registration.knec.ac.ke/online-tcae/
For Special Needs Education (Teacher) Registration click here: registration.knec.ac.ke/online-sne/
For Business Management Exams click here: registration.knec.ac.ke/online-bgmt/
For Business Exam Registration click here: registration.knec.ac.ke/online-bzns/
For Technical Exams Registration click here: registration.knec.ac.ke/online-tech/
For BTEP Exam Registration click here: registration.knec.ac.ke/online-btep/
To access KNEC Grade 3 Portal Click here: cba.knec.ac.ke/
For KNEC QMIS click on this link: http://qmis.knec.ac.ke/externalLogin.aspx
FOR MORE EDUCATION BREAKING NEWS CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS: