KUCCPS OPENS INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER PORTAL FOR KCSE 2019 CANDIDATES ON JUNE 15, 2020; IMPORTANT DATES, DEADLINE, REASONS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service KUCCPS will open its inter-university transfer portal tonight for KCSE 2019 candidates who might not be content with their KUCCPS 2020/2021 placement results so that they can change their universities and colleges.
DATES AND DEADLINE
Students who may wish to apply for KUCCPS 2020/2021 inter-university transfer have been given a two-month window period to do so.
KUCCPS shall open the portal on June 15, 2020, and close it on August 15, 2020 which is the official deadline for the KUCCPS 2020/2021inter-university transfer applications.
It is important to note that not all KCSE 2019 candidates are legible to apply for inter-university transfers for the academic year 2020/ 2021.
Only students who applied for and were placed successfully by the placement service will be allowed to apply for the same.
The applicant must have received his or her KUCCPS results that were released a few weeks ago since that is a major starting point.
ONLINE INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER; 2020
Unlike other times when the applicants applying for KUCCPS inter-university transfers were obliged to physically visit the releasing and receiving institutions physically for approval, this year’s inter-university process is cost-friendly and convenient for the majority of the applicants since it will be done online.
HERE ARE THE MAIN STEPS INVOLVED IN THE KUCCPS INTER-UNIVERSITY/ INSTITUTION TRANSFER PROCESS
Step 1: The dissatisfied applicant tenders his or her request to initiate the KUCCPS online inter-university transfer process once the placement service opens its portal by filling a form available at the KUCCPS portal.
Step 2: The applicant’s inter-university transfer form is submitted to the receiving institution for processing.
Step 3: The applicant’s request is processed and if they qualify for the inter-university transfer, the receiving institution shall endorse the application then forward it to the releasing institution for further processing.
Step 4: The receiving institution receives the application and clears the applicant through the institutions’ portal before submitting it to the KUCCPS CEO for approval.
Step 5: The CEO KUCCPS receives the endorsed/approved inter-university application, approves it for a transfer letter to be generated.
Step 6: The applicant can now access the approved inter-university transfer letter for presentation to the receiving institution.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTER-UNIVERSITY/ INSTITUTION TRANSFER; A SIMPLIFIED STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
PROCEDURE FOR INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER
- Log in to the official KUCCPS student portal by clicking HERE
- Click on the inter-university/institution transfer
- Fill the inter-university transfer form provided by entering your details and reasons for the transfer. Some of the viable reasons you can give include; high tuition fees, health conditions that are likely to be escalated by your admission into the current institution among others
- Pay the required fees
- Wait for approval by the receiving and releasing institution
- At this stage, KUCCPS shall review your application
- If the receiving institution gives you a nod, then you are good to go since your transfer letter will be provided soon.
Before initiating the process of inter-university transfer;
- All applications for inter-university transfers must be done online via the official KUCCPS student portal at students.kuccps.ac.ke
- Not everyone is eligible for inter-university transfers. You must have been placed by KUCCPS in the programme and institution you would like to transfer from.
- The process of approval is a rigorous one. The applicant must meet the minimum requirements, cluster points for the course that s/he is applying for.
- Applicants are only allowed to apply to transfer to one programme only
- The KUCCPS inter-university/institution transfer fee is Kshs 1, 000.
- Do not make any payment before you are prompted by KUCCPS. KUCCPS shall send you an M-PESA transaction code once you submit the application. Keep it safe since you may need it again.
- Remember to monitor the processing status of your application via the KUCCPS student portal.
- If your application is NOT APPROVED, the applicant will be retained in the course they had been placed for.