KUCCPS LOWERS UNIVERSITY ENTRY POINTS BY 2 ; CS MAGOHA’S STATEMENT, FULL SPEECH ON THE KUCCPS 2020/2021 PLACEMENT RESULTS
Unlike other normal times, this year’s KUCCPS placement results have been riddled with a lot of uncertainties following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic in the country.
Most KCSE 2019 candidates and other applicants who had applied for the KUCCPS 2020 choices either during the first revision or second revision of courses had almost given up on waiting for the release of the KUCCPS selection results.
The Ministry of Education however, provided a glimmer of hope for the over 600, 000 KCSE 2019 candidates when it released the KUCCPS 2020/2021 Placement results through its central placement service body, KUCCPS.
“PLACEMENT OF KCSE 2019 CANDIDATES TO UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES, 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR”
The placement of KCSE 2019 candidates targeted two cohorts; these are the KCSE 2019 candidates who were placed in various universities and colleges and youth from previous KCSE examination years dating back to the year 1994 (including the year 2019) who were placed in various TVET colleges.
A total of 689,007 KCSE 2019 candidates sat for the national test and 125, 463 attained the minimum entry grade to universities in Kenya, C+ plus and above.
The rest, 563, 544 candidates qualified for placement in various TVET colleges. They are eligible to pursue diploma, artisan and craft courses.
KUCCPS BREAKING NEWS TODAY;
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS TO OUR LATEST KUCCPS NEWS;
KUCCPS PLACEMENT RESULTS OUT, CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL DETAILS
HOW TO CHECK YOUR KUCCPS PLACEMENT RESULTS
KUCCPS 2020/2021 PLACEMENT (ADMISSION) LETTERS, AGENCY ISSUES WARNING TO APPLICANTS
HOW TO REVISE YOUR KUCCPS CHOICES
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR KUCCPS ADMISSION LETTER, FOR ALL UNIVERSITIES
UNIVERSITY DECLARED STUDENT CAPACITIES AS OF THE YEAR 2020/2021
Universities declared a student capacity of 145, 129 for government-sponsored students while TVET Institutions declared a capacity of 276, 163.
The selection exercise having been completed successfully, we are happy to inform you that 122, 831 candidates have secured vacancies in universities while 88, 784 have been selected to join TVET colleges.
53, 726 of the TVET applicants shall pursue diploma, 29, 112 craft and 5, 886 artisan courses.
The number of TVET students is expected to increase since the Ministry is yet to receive data on the exact number of students who registered directly. Furthermore, TVET colleges will continuously admit students.
KUCCPS PLACEMENT RESULTS PER GENDER
A gender analysis of the KUCCPS 2020/2021 Placement results shows that the number of male applicants in universities is slightly higher compared to that of females. 70, 050 male students applied for degree courses. This accounts for 57.03%. 52, 781 female students applied for degree courses, their number accounts for 44. 72%.
In TVET colleges, the number of female applicants exceeds that of their male counterparts. A total of 39, 695 (44. 74%) male students applied to join TVET institutions. Females on the other hand account for 55. 26% given that 49, 029 students expressed interest.
KCSE 2019 CANDIDATES WHO SCORED C+ AND ABOVE BUT OPTED FOR DIPLOMA; STATISTICS
The Ministry wishes to recognize the concerted effort of TVET institutions which are slowly but surely yielding results.
A total of 2, 632 KCSE 2019 candidates who qualified for various degree choices opted for highly marketable diploma courses offered at various TVET colleges.
This number has been growing steadily. In 2018, a total of 1, 269 KCSE candidates who qualified for degree programmes went for diploma courses.
KUCCPS PLACEMENT RESULTS FOR APPLICANTS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS
The placement service employed affirmative action in the selection of applicants living with disabilities, those from marginalized areas and gender pursuant to the Universities Act, 2012, and placement policy.
A total of 331 applicants living with disabilities were given the priority to pursue top/ marketable courses for which they qualified.
UNIVERSITY CUT-OFF POINTS FOR STUDENTS FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS
The placement board also lowered the cut off points by two for specific courses for applicants from highly marginalized areas.
A total of 1, 638 applicants reaped from this affirmative action.
679 applicants also benefitted from the gender affirmative action.
This brings the total number of beneficiaries to 2, 648.
KUCCPS PLACEMENT RESULTS PER COURSE
KUCCPS data shows that 66, 661 applicants who account for 54.27% of the students selected to pursue university courses this year will pursue Science Technology and Mathematics, STEM courses.