KNEC’S LATEST TOUGH MARKING RULES FOR KCSE EXAMINERS 2019
The Kenya National Examinations Council has invited over 26, 000 examiners for the 2019 KCSE marking exercise.
The examiners include those who were recently trained and those with long term experience.
The examiners are required to work round the clock to ensure they complete the marking exercise before Christmas.
The examiners should download their leaders from the KNEC CP2 website to confirm their marking centres, payment rates and other logistics.
FOR IMPORTANT KNEC PORTALS CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
For KCPE AND KCSE Registration click here
For Diploma Teacher Registration click here https://registration.knec.ac.ke/online-dte/
For ECDE Registration click here registration.knec.ac.ke/online-ecde/
For BTPE exam Registration click here https://registration.knec.ac.ke/online-btep/
For Teacher Certificate in Adult Education Registration click here https://registration.knec.ac.ke/online-tcae/
For KNEC business exam registration click here https://registration.knec.ac.ke/online-bzns/
TOUGH KNEC MARKING RULES
KNEC KCSE examiners are expected to observe the following rules:
1. Do not carry away candidates’ answered scripts from marking centres.
2. Do not carry marking schemes or marking materials from the examination centres.
3. All marking should be carried out from the designated marking rooms within the marking centre.
4. There should be no phones in the designated marking rooms.
5. Every KNEC examiner is expected to board-live within the designated marking centre.
6. Attend and participate in all coordination meetings.
7. Observe marking discipline and actively participating in any roles assigned to you.
8. Do not carry any dummies and/or question papers from the marking centres.
9. Complete all the claim forms for answer scripts marked and submit them to the Team Leader before leaving the room.
10. Refrain from any activity that may slow down the marking exercise such as indulging in alcohol.
11. Conceal your identity as an examiner to avoid influence from people with personal interests.
12. Avail yourself at the marking rooms as long as the marking is in progress.
13. Maintain confidentiality on assigned tasks.
14. Ensure that you meet the targets set during the marking exercise.
15. Conduct yourself with dignity, decorum and diligence.
NOTE: ANY EXAMINER FOUND CONTRAVENING THESE REGULATIONS WILL BE DISMISSED AND REPORTED TO THE TSC FOR FURTHER DISCIPLINARY ACTION.