HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE 2020 FORM ONE ADMISSION (SELECTION) LIST FOR THE WHOLE SCHOOL, ADMIT SELECTED LEARNERS THROUGH NEMIS, REQUEST FOR EXTRA VACANCIES AND CHANGE LEARNER ADMISSION DETAILS (REQUIRED DOCUMENTS) THROUGH NEMIS
HOW TO COMPLETE THE 2020 FORM ONE ADMISSION PROCESS BY UPLOADING THEIR BIODATA INTO THE NEMIS SYSTEM: SIMPLIFIED GUIDELINES
EXTERNAL LINKS WITH RELATED CONTENT
It is now clear that the admission of all 2020 form one learners to both private and public secondary schools will be done by the Ministry of Education via the National Education Management Information System, NEMIS.
Schools can now access the full list of selected learners through the NEMIS system.
SPONSORED EXTERNAL LINKS
FOR A DETAILED GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN KENYA, CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
All schools are therefore expected to utilize the NEMIS system if they would like to access any information about the 2020 form one admission of learners.
The process has now been simplified; you only need the index number to complete the admission.
You need to be extremely cautious to avoid entering the wrong details and admitting the wrong student.
HOW TO ADMIT A NEW STUDENT/ FORM ONE THROUGH THE NEMIS SYSTEM
TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS, YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
1. Learner’s admission letter
2. Learner’s full index number
3. Learner’s birth certificate
4. Learner’s UPI-Unique Personal Identifier
5. Learner’s contact details- Phone Number, E-mail address, Postal address, Home County, Home Sub-county
6. Learner’s passport size photo
Supporting evidence of learner’s special needs, if any.
7. Father’s details- ID Number, Name, Mobile number and E-mail address
8. Mother’s details- ID Number, Name, Mobile number and E-mail address
9. Guardian’s details- ID Number, Name, Mobile number and E-mail address
FORM ONE/ NEW STUDENT ADMISSION PROCESS
New/ form one students will present their letters once they turn up for admission. The school should verify their details in the system.
FORM ONE ADMISSION PROCESS
1. The selected form ones will report to their schools as placed by the NEMIS system and present their admission letter downloaded from the Ministry of Education’s official website provided below
2. The school will then receive the admission letter through the principal or any other person tasked to do so.
3. Then log into the NEMIS system using the following Ministry of Education’s official links:
4. Once you enter the Username and Password, click on the tab labelled “LEARNER”.
5. From the drop-down list provided, select “ADMIT OR CAPTURE REQUEST”
6. On the new window, type the learner’s KCPE INDEX NUMBER on the “SEARCH UPI OR INDEX” box and click to search.
7. NEMIS will automatically display the learner’s details including the school where the learner was placed.
8. If the learner was placed in your school, click on ”ACCEPT PLACEMENTREQUEST”
9. Fill in the required details to complete the admission process.
10. Do the same for all form ones placed in your school.
11. In case you would like to review the details to confirm whether they are correct, select “VIEW MY LEARNERS” from the “LEARNER” tab.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR FORM ONE LEARNERS’ BIODATA INTO THE NEMIS SYSTEM
1. Click on the “LEARNER” tab then select “CAPTURE BIODATA FO F1 LEARNERS”
2. Fill in the details as required on the form displayed.
HOW TO REQUEST FOR EXTRA VACANCIES FOR YOUR SCHOOL
If your school is well equipped to accommodate more students than the number placed by the Ministry of Education, follow the following procedure to request for more learners:
1. Log in to the school’s NEMIS account using the school’s username and password.
2. Click on the “LEARNER” tab then click on “ADJUST F1 CAPACITY.”
3. A window with information on the school’s current capacity will be displayed.
4. Select the Gender and enter the new “PROPOSED F1 MAXIMUM CAPACITY”
5. Complete the process by clicking on the “SAVE” button and wait for approval from the Ministry of Education.
6. Once you receive a nod from the Ministry, admit more learners to fill the remaining slots.