Extra county secondary schools come second after national schools in Kenya.
Majority of them are boarding schools and they admit learners who are above average in most cases.
Many of them are well-equipped with teaching and learning facilities hence promoting conducive learning.
After the release of this year’s KCPE exam results, parents, guardians or candidates will be expected to log into the Ministry of Education’s website and download their form one admission letters.
FOR MORE EDUCATION TRENDING NEWS CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
BELOW IS A SIMPLIFIED GUIDE ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR ADMISSION LETTER WITH EASE:
1. To access the MOE’s website, Click on the Ministry of education download link for form one admission letter. Now
The official Ministry of Education’s link is: http://www.education .go.ke/index.php/online-services/form-one-selection
2. Select the county and sub-county where your KCPE centre is located.
3. Key in your index number and click on the “Submit” button.
4. Next, click on the link labelled “Admission letter” at the bottom of the page to access a copy of your admission letter.
5. Use the printer icon to download and print your letter.
6. Give your copy to your headteacher for endorsement and stamping in the space provided.
7. Present the admission letter together with a copy of your birth certificate to complete the admission process.