File your 2020 KRA Nil Returns using your smartphone by following the following simplified procedure
How to file your 2020 KRA Nil Returns through your android phone
The Kenya Revenue Authority is an independent body that is in charge of collecting revenue for the Kenyan Government through tax collection.
However, the most tantalizing fact is that most Kenyans are oblivious of the fact that they need to file nil returns every year in case they are not permanently employed.
Unfortunately, failure to file your nil returns with the Kenya Revenue Authority, KRA attracts a penalty of up to Kshs 20, 000 every year.
No matter how impractical this seems, this penalty is very realistic because KRA will catch up with your payslip one day.
For those of us who have been enlightened, we are obliged to bear with the long ques at Huduma Centres to file these returns.
The good news is, the Kenya Revenue Authority has also gone digital. You can now file your KRA returns using your mobile phone by downloading the new iTax Android Mobile App.
Below is a simplified procedure on how to file your KRA Nil Returns using the iTax Android Mobile App.
How to fil 2020 KRA Nil Returns using the new iTax Android Mobile App
1. Using your play store, download the iTax App recently invented by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
2. Once you download it, install it on your phone and open it.
3. A window will pop up asking you to enter your KRA PIN and iTax password. Enter the details to log in.
4. Once you have logged in, click “Home” and select the “Income Tax” Obligation icon.
5. Your tax period will be automatically generated by the APP. Click on the “File Nil Return” icon.
6. Click on “Submit” to proceed.
7. A message will be sent to you by the KRA showing that you can only file Nil Returns if you have no transactions to declare during the period, “Are you sure you want to file Nil return?”
8. Click on “OK” to confirm your request.
9. A message will be generated showing that your filing of Nil Return for the year 2020 has been filed successfully.
10 The next procedure is for you to visit the KRA iTax portal to view your filed return.