Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

- Advertisement -

2023/2024 Form One Selection (Placement) Criteria; National Schools, Extra County, County, and Sub-County Secondary Schools

Form One Placemen/Selection 2023
0

- Advertisement -

2023/2024 Form One Selection/ Placement Criteria; National Schools, Extra County, County, and Sub-County Secondary Schools

KCPE Results 2021/2022

- Advertisement -

The form one selection 2023 national exercise came to a closure on Friday December 15, 2023 with KCPE 2023 candidates expecting their placement results on December 18, 2023. To help you fathom how form one selection 2023-2024 is done, we have the 2023-2024 form one selection criteria for national schools, extra county, county, and sub-county schools.

S/N0. SCHOOL FORM ONE SELECTION

CRITERIA FOR 2023 KCPE CANDIDATES

FORM ONE SELECTION RESULTS RELEASE DATE DECEMBER 2023 FORM ONE REPORTING DATES 2024
1 National

Schools

Cut-off; 400 KCPE Marks but affirmative action whereby the Counties facing various challenges would have their cutoff marks lowered.

Top candidates in the KCPE examinations per County will also get automatic places at the National Schools.

December 18, 2023 By January 2023
2 Extra County

Schools

The selection of candidates for Extra-County schools is based on a ratio of 20:40:40. This means that 20% of available vacancies in an extra-county school go to students from the Subcounty where the school is found.

While the host county and other counties get 40% each. After the selection exercise for the 2020 placement of form ones, they will be expected to download their letters through the Ministry of education’s online portal.

 

December 18, 2023 By January 2024
3 County Schools Selection for 2023 form one students also follows set criteria. Students join County schools based on the 20:80 ratio.

 

This means that 20% of the available slots in a County school go to the hosting Sub-County while the remaining 80% are shared among other Sub-counties; in that County.

December 18, 2023 By January 2024
4 Sub-County

schools

The available slots are preserved for KCPE candidates in the respective sub-counties December 18, 2023 By January 2024

 

SELECTION OF KCPE 2023 CANDIDATES TO NATIONAL SCHOOLS 2024

National schools are the most prestigious schools in the country. Competition for form-one places at these schools is very stiff. Usually, KCPE candidates who score above 400 marks are admitted to National schools. This is the main selection criteria. This year, the cut-off mark to join National schools is likely to be lowered.

Another criterion for selecting form one to join National schools is that of affirmative action whereby the Counties facing various challenges would have their cutoff marks lowered.

Top candidates in the KCPE 2023 examinations per County will also get automatic places at the National Schools.

SELECTION OF KCPE 2023 CANDIDATES TO EXTRA COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOLS  2024

Extra County Secondary schools (formerly Provincial schools) are the second tier of schools in Kenya. They are the most preferred category of schools after National Schools.

- Advertisement -

The selection of candidates for Extra-County schools is based on a ratio of 20:40:40. This means that 20% of available vacancies in an extra-county school go to students from the Subcounty where the school is found.

While the host county and other counties get 40% each. After the selection exercise for the 2024 placement of form ones, they will be expected to download their letters through the Ministry of education’s online portal.

The admission letter is important to both students and Parents/ Guardians. This is because it enables the two parties to prepare adequately for reporting to the selected secondary school.

How to download the 2024 Form one admission letter to Extra County Schools

Admission letters for KCPE 2023 candidates will be available online, once the selection exercise has been completed. To download your 2023 form one admission letter follow the simple steps below;

  1. Click on this link to access the download page from the Ministry of Education’s Website: Ministry of education download link for form one admission letter.
  2. Now, Select the county and sub-county where your KCPE center is found and key in your index number and Submit.
  3. Click on the link named “admission letter” at the bottom of the page for a copy of your admission letter.
  4. Use the printer icon to print or the download icon to download to your computer.
  5. Get your primary school’s headteacher to endorse the letter and stamp it in the space provided.
  6. Finally, present it for admission together with a certified copy of the birth certificate

Please note that the admission letters will be posted online once the selection exercise is complete.

SELECTION OF KCPE 2023 CANDIDATES IN COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOLS 2024

Selection for 2023 form one students also follows set criteria. Students join County schools based on the 20:80 ratio. This means that 20% of the available slots in a County school go to the hosting Sub-County while the remaining 80% are shared among other Sub-counties; in that County.

Enter Your Mail Address

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.