2020 FORM ONE SCHOLARSHIPS: 2020 FORM ONE ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP FOR QUALIFIED 2019 KCPE CANDIDATES
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION HAS JUST ADVERTISED 2020 FORM ONE ELIMU SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THIS YEAR’S KCPE CANDIDATES HERE ARE THE DETAILS ON HOW TO ACCESS THEM, NUMBER OF TARGETED SUB-COUNTIES AND URBAN CENTRES WITH SLUMS, DEADLINES, PASS MARK, APPLICATION PROCEDURE, ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The Ministry of Education in Kenya in partnership with the Equity Group Foundation has just advertised scholarships for high schools students from disadvantaged and financially unstable backgrounds for the 2020 academic year.
EXTERNAL LINKS WITH RELATED CONTENT
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP TARGETTED AREAS
Elimu Scholarship targets 110 sub-Counties and 15 urban centres with informal settlements.
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
Anyone seeking the 2020 form one Elimu Scholarship MUST:
1. Be a poor and vulnerable child from a financially unstable home.
2. Have sat for the 2019 KCPE exam from public primary schools within the targeted 110 sub-Counties and 15 urban centres with informal settlements. The 110 Sub-Counties have been selected based on the National Government’s administrative areas as per the year 2015.
FOR A FULL LIST OF THE TARGETTED 110 SUB-COUNTIES AND THE 15 URBAN AREAS WITH INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS, CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS TO THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND EQUITY GROUP FOUNDATION WEBSITES:
3. Have attained at least 280 marks in the 2019 KCPE exam. For affirmative action, however, 2019 KCPE candidates who are orphans and/or from highly vulnerable communities and those with disability or special needs who attained below 280 marks may also stand a chance.
4. Candidates with special needs and disability include those with physical, visual or hearing impairment, albinism, autism, dyslexia and other learning disabilities.
5. 2019 KCPE candidates whose parents or guardians disabled hence compromising or limiting their ability to meet their financial obligations and other parental responsibilities.
6. Candidates whose parents are living with chronic illnesses such as HIV/ AIDS that could make them incapable of fending for their families.
7. Candidates whose families have been hit by extreme poverty hence unable to raise the required school fees.
8. Candidates who have been greatly neglected abused and denied support to continue with their education.
HOW TO ACCESS ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMS, APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINES
Interested candidates can collect Elimu Scholarship application forms at the nearest EQUITY BANK BRANCH OR EQUITY BANK AGENT as from 4th December 2019.
Elimu Scholarship Application Forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry of Education and Equity Group Foundation official websites below:
Completed and duly signed Elimu Scholarship application forms, testimonials and other supporting documents should be submitted to the nearest Equity Bank Branch by 16th December 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will later be accompanied by their parents or guardians for interviews which shall be conducted by the Community Scholarship Advisory Committees.
WHAT DOES THE ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP CATER FOR AND FOR HOW LONG?
Elimu Scholarship will cater for school fees, learning materials, school uniforms and fare/transport to and from school for four years.
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
A downloaded and filled Elimu Scholarship application form (798 KB)
A downloaded Elimu Scholarship Flyer 9488 kb)
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP LIST OF TARGETTED URBAN CENTRES WITH SLUMS
Only candidates from the following urban centres with informal settlements are eligible to apply:
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP LIST OF TARGETTED SUB-COUNTIES
2019 KCPE CANDIDATES FROM THE FOLOWING SUB-COUNTIES ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
1. BARINGO NORTH
3. EAST POKOT
10. BUNGOMA WEST
14. MT. ELGON
15. KAJIADO CENTRAL
19. KAKAMEGA SOUTH
27. TESO NORTH
28. TESO SOUTH
32. MARAKWET EAST
33. MARAKWET WEST
49. MURANG’A EAST
51. MWINGI CENTRAL
52. MWINGI EAST
54. TRANS MARA EAST
56. SAMBURU CENTRAL
57. SAMBURU EAST
59. SAMBURU NORTH
64. BURA (TANA NORTH)
65. TANA DELTA
66. LAIKIPIA NORTH
68. TANA RIVER
71. THARAKA NORTH
72 THARAKA SOUTH
78. TURKANA CENTRAL
81. TURKANA EAST
82. TURKANA NORTH
84. TURKANA SOUTH
85. MANDERA CENTRAL
86. MANDERA EAST
88. TURKANA WEST
90. MANDERA NORTH
91. MANDERA WEST
95. WAJIR EAST
96. HORR NORTH
98. WAJIR NORTH
99. WAJIR SOUTH
101. LAISMIS (MARSABIT SOUTH)
102. WAJIR WEST
103. POKOT CENTRAL
105. POKOT NORTH
107. KURIA EAST
108. KURIA WEST
109. WEST POKOT
110. POKOT SOUTH